Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's finally arrived

The date for me to be cut open that is

After weeks of waiting I received a phone call asking if I can go in next Thursday 4th to have my back operated on.

They are going to remove the damaged disc at last and add some additional support at the same time.

Good luck pal
    Brian

Comment

Good luck
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Break a leg Andy.
        No, hang on, that ain't right...
        Best of luck with the op, and hope you have a speedy recovery afterwards.
        These days they have you out the bed before the anasthetic's worn off...
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

It's been a long time coming Andy, Good Luck n hope all goes well ...

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Good luck Andy !

Comment

Best of luck, hope it all goes well.

Comment

Good luck with the op, Andy. Hope all goes well, and that you have a speedy recovery.
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

You'll be fine mate, i know you've waited long enough, be nice to be virtually pain free eh?
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Cheers fella's

Hopefully, unless anything goes wrong i should be in and out pretty much within 24-36 hrs, so here's hoping he don't slip with the knife then about a month before I can think of getting out the house under my own steam.

Worse case i could be in up to 5-6 days if he manages to nick the fluid sac around the spinal cord/nerve, still anything for some extra holiday

Comment

Good luck mate .
                      Must be pretty nerve racking though knowing how dangerously close they'll be working next to your spinal cord etc .
                      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Hope everything to plan l have 2disc`s fused due to arthritis and 2 displaced and the doctor has refused to do anything about them.
                        Live Life To The Full

Comment

My mate has just had a similar op with 100% success, get well soon Andy.
                          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Just got back from the pre-op checks and feeling a bit pee'd off.

Seems they "forgot" to tell me that I have to stop taking some of my current medications and cannot carry out the op tomorrow.

Apparently these pills are not only anti inflammatory's, but are also blood thinners which means I'd bleed to much on the table

They have apologised and managed to find a slot on the 11th instead, so at least I've only another week to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                              Just got back from the pre-op checks and feeling a bit pee'd off.

Seems they "forgot" to tell me that I have to stop taking some of my current medications and cannot carry out the op tomorrow.

Apparently these pills are not only anti inflammatory's, but are also blood thinners which means I'd bleed to much on the table

They have apologised and managed to find a slot on the 11th instead, so at least I've only another week to wait.
                              Drink a few pints of corn flour, that should thicken your blood mate.
                              Ohhhh hang on i think that just thickens gravy doesn't it.

Not long to wait though, good luck.
                              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X