Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on first week of ownership...

So far it has been rather a pleasure.

Completed the oil and filter change, fuel filter and air filter. Topped up the brake fluid which stopped the warning light coming on when accelerating and topped up the steering fluid. Replaced the top radiator hose.

Got to figure out how to get the silly little fog light to work, assuming the red rocker switch by the idle up button is meant to operate it....And then order a grease gun to grease all the necessaries underneath !!

First fill up and I appear to have achieved a little over 27mpg ! Not too bad really especially as that is one long journey and lots of silly little ones while also trying out the various 4wd options.

If it carries on trouble free like this I shall be rather pleased.

My little 6 year old loves it...She can see everything now !!!

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
    Last edited by Lightyear66; 25 March 2013, 20:20.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Good stuff, dont stop there, get your ATF and diff oils changed too. For ATF just drop the sump contents ( 4.5 l) and if it looks nice and red just top up with same amount.
    If its got the "hanging" fog light. bin it and fit one of these , or similar, mounted on the bumper. I like the slimline one, but its a bit pricey.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-SQUAR...item19c6f2a935
    Last edited by Bogus; 25 March 2013, 15:29.
    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Lightyear66 View Post
      So far it has been rather a pleasure.

Completed the oil and filter change, fuel filter and air filter. Topped up the brake fluid which stopped the warning light coming on when accelerating and topped up the steering fluid. Re[laced the top radiator hose.

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
      Kudos to you for getting stuck in, carrying out your own maintenance is an excellent way to get to know your truck.

Have you checked your brake pads lately?
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

If you have had to top up the brake fluid have you checked your pads and lining cos obviously the lower the brakes the lower the fluid.

Comment

Good tips re brakes.

I shall get on to it this weekend.

I appreciate any suggestions like that....It all helps a novice owner with very little in the way of mechanical knowledge !

Cheers + ATVB

Philip

Comment

Good man.

YVBW.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Check for minimum thickness on discs too. While you are under pass an eye over the rubber boots on all the balljoints and CV's.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Fixed the rear fog light...Just a dodgy contact...

Onward.

Cheers + ATVB

Philip

Comment

C + twgva
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The real toughie is going to be trying to figure out how to get the Rev Counter to work ! I have no idea where to start with that one...Thank goodness for 'search', Google and YouTube !

Cheers & ATVB

Philip

Comment

Working...
                    X