!!!!!! Legal System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!!!! Legal System

Well I had some fun in court today - not!

To set the scene.......
    .....nearly two years ago I had my car break down on me after I nailed the sump on a level crossing. Fortunately I didn't damage the front bumper.
    I had the car recovered, when it went on the truck it wasn't damaged and when I got it back from the garage after it was repaired the bumper was damaged by what looks like wire rope from them winching it on or off the truck.

So I talk to the insurance company and they talk to the recovery people who deny all damage and so we take them to court. I have photographic evidence of the damage but to cut a long story short because I didn't see them damage it and they say they didn't the case was dismissed.

Can't believe it, the moral of the story is if you ever have someone in charge of your vehicle even if you are present you get them to acknowledge the state of the vehicle when it was put under their charge and when it is taken from their charge.

Pi$$ed off now as I am £500 down from somebody else damaging my motor. Bar stewards!
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

My sympathies...

I had a similar thing happen at my local Peugeot dealer. My car went in for a service and when I went to pick it up there was a bend in the wing . It looked like someone weighty had leant over it to get in the engine compartment. Luckily they sorted it but like you I now make absolutely sure the garage acknowledges the state of any vehicle I put in, whatever it might be going in for.
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Thanks Helen,

Like they say, you live and learn.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

We had a van years ago that broke down not long after we bought it.So we rang the garage where we got it from,and he said that he'd get his mate (who worked for a recovery company) to come and pick it up.

When he arrived he put it on the tow truck dolly;and set off to Leeds;leaving us to go home and pick the van up when it was fixed.He managed to get 20+ miles back to Leeds(through the centre of town on a Saturday) in about 30 minutes!

The dozy bugger hadn't released the hand brake and burnt the brakes out,and didn't even notice the smoke!So the guy at the garage rang us to say we needed new brakes as well now.

To cut a long story short,the recovery guy said it was our responsibility to make sure the hand brake was off,not his!We proved he was wrong in this and took him to the small claims court,he paid up for the new brakes then

Comment

Working...
        X