Insurance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance!

Received my automatic renewal quote recently from Flux for the '01 Surf, £318 fully comp.
    Wasn't happy with that, so I went on-line and filled in the forms with the exact same details. Came back with a provisional quote of £285.
    Called them back and got it down to £282.(fully comp.)

No details were changed, exact same annual mileage, voluntary excess amount...etc as the last policy.

Both amounts include the admin fees by the way.

Have I beaten their system?

OK it's not much, but why was my existing policy more expensive?

Have you ever known your insurance premium go down (if details remain same) at renewal?

You applied on-line to check - effectively as a new customer - the price is perhaps cheaper because you are a new customer - entice you in?? Insurance company has to honour it as no doubt the quote is valid for thirty days - nothing to stop you cancelling and reapplying with new customer quoted price - but dont take my word for it.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/...insurance.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bender71 View Post
      Have you ever known your insurance premium go down (if details remain same) at renewal?
      My automatic quote from Adrian Flux at the start of the year was £50 less than my existing premium (approx £250 down from £300)! No change in details. Have to say I was extremely surprised - I was expecting to have to go through the usual faff just to have it stay the same.

Comment

My surf dropped nearly £100 at renewal this year with Admiral.

Now £350 FC.

Shame I'm going to have to tell them about some mods which will have adverse effects!
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

The only sensible quote I had when I renewed was from Sky, cheaper than next best by about £80 and it includes green laning. Think I'm paying about £320ish FC, 33YO, 5 years NCB.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

A few years ago, mine was £260 fully comp. Then I had that claim for the theft and it went up to £290. The following year they wanted £390. Bear in mind this did not include my no claims bonus which I had not being used.
            I decided to go back to Adrian Flux and use my NCB, and have the privilege of driving other cars - £490 - but it keeps my NCP valid as it was about to expire.
            I don't think I mentioned I was a member of here though, so probably could have got it cheaper.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I had a multicar with admiral so LC was £427 and main car £561

5 years ncd and just renewed on main car but had a not at fault last year which had a counter claim in for personal injury which remains on record until resolved - main car now £1060 through admiral - LC not insured as selling.

Comment

My wife went from £289 to £907.....WTF!

Shopped around and got it for £280.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Just done the on-line quote thing with Tesco car insurance, just about stopped laughing now!

£7665!!!

Oh and when I entered the reg number, the drop down menu gave me two choices of vehicle, none of them were Surfs.

Comment

are you 17?
                    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                      are you 17?
                      Not since the early eighties!

Comment

Over £7000, that can't be right.
                        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                          Over £7000, that can't be right.
                          I know, and I'm pretty sure my truck ain't a Hiace LWB van either.

Comment

Mines comes back as an Estima.
                            Alan

Comment

My renewal with flux £757 tpft.
                              11 years no claims
                              1 not at fault claim ( 3 years ago)
                              Cheers Si.

Comment

Working...
                              X