Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=27342

f150 Raptor :-) Full of 6.2ltr V8 goodness :-)

Only $23000 across the pond - www.ford.com

Is that the two-seater pickup?
    Price for motors in USA are a fraction of what they fetch for in England.
    I prefer the Cummins powered trucks to be honest. Straight-6 turbo, stupid torque numbers.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      Aye, England is getting way too expensive. I'm happy to live elsewhere in the UK.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I don't recall ever being of age (at the time) to be concerned with Scottish classifieds
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I prefer the Cummins powered trucks to be honest. Straight-6 turbo, stupid torque numbers.
          I don't recall ever being of age (at the time) to be concerned with Scottish classifieds
          ?
          Attached Files
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Nope - 4 seater twin cab.

Slightly off-topic here but still vaguely relevant - if you wanted to do a suspension lift on these types of trucks you can (obviously?) only do front 'cos rear is leaf spring?

...I know nothing...AKA Manuel

Comment

Originally posted by Bender71 View Post

Slightly off-topic here but still vaguely relevant - if you wanted to do a suspension lift on these types of trucks you can (obviously?) only do front 'cos rear is leaf spring?

Why wouldn't you be able to raise the height of the suspension on a leaf sprung vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                Why wouldn't you be able to raise the height of the suspension on a leaf sprung vehicle?
                ...Wot I was asking in a needlessly complicated way - but how?:-) Coil springs on the front I understand - machined billet 'spacer' and change of springs if required, so how do you do rear cos you aint got a coiled spring?

Comment

...Wot I was asking in a needlessly complicated way - but how?:-) Coil springs on the front I understand - machined billet 'spacer' and change of springs if required, so how do you do rear cos you aint got a coiled spring?

Have a look here all is explained.
                  http://www.f150forum.com/f69/lifted-raptor-133608/
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

You could use stronger springs with a smaller semi eliptical radius. You could use springs with additional leaves. You could use longer shackles, or you could re position the axle to sit below the leaf spring, rather than in it's original position, hanging above it. All of these methods would have a greater, or lesser effect of raising the vehicle height.

Comment

?
                      makes sense, why would an engliahman consult the scotish market for prices? My search raange for vehicles is generally 100 miles from the midlands...
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Feckin phonr keynoard . sorry.
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=27342

f150 Raptor :-) Full of 6.2ltr V8 goodness :-)

Only $23000 across the pond - www.ford.com

You are wrong on the starting price for the Raptor.
                          The Raptor has a MSRP of $43600
                          http://bp3.ford.com/2013-Ford-F-150?...NFLEET.446.%5D

OK that is for NJ other US states may have a different price.

I still do not understand why you would want to fcuk up the suspension though.
                          You do know that as stock you get nearly a foot of suspension travel?
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

It would be the opposite of how leaf sprung vehicles are lowered - instead of spacing the axle upward above the spring, space the spring downward with shackles. Instead of using a flatter spring, use a more curvy one (technical term).

?
                            I haven't spent any length of time in Scotland with family since I was a young boy - too young to be looking at classifieds. In fact, I'm half English by blood.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

It would be the opposite of how leaf sprung vehicles are lowered - instead of spacing the axle upward above the spring, space the spring downward with shackles. Instead of using a flatter spring, use a more curvy one (technical term).

Read post #10.

I haven't spent any length of time in Scotland with family since I was a young boy - too young to be looking at classifieds. In fact, I'm half English by blood.

I was referring to your bewilderingly poor grammar and punctuation.

Comment

Working...
                              X