Fuel gauge red light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gauge red light

The other week my red light came on in my truck, i was particularly baffled as i thought it wasn't working due to the fact that I've had low fuel a number of times and it never came on.

What does the light mean?
    does it mean i'm in the reserve and i have an amount of fuel left?
    or does it mean get to a petrol station f**ing sharpish?

thanks guys im still learning
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

You've got approx 20 miles of gentle driving left before the spluttering starts.

It takes £25 worth of fuel to extinguish the low fuel light in a bone dry tank.

Comment

Does the red light not come on until needle is resting on low? Should the light come on with the other ignition lights? I thought my needle was pretty much at the lowest point and i only got 53 litres to brim the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Moley View Post
        Does the red light not come on until needle is resting on low?
        Only on when at low mark usually. Suspension lifts can affect when they come on depending on how level the vehicle is.

Should the light come on with the other ignition lights?
        No.

I thought my needle was pretty much at the lowest point and i only got 53 litres to brim the tank.
        That's about average. Mine with stock suspension had approx 10 litres in tank when light came on. Raised springs in back altered this to approx 5 litres. Now back to normal with torsion bars wound up to level it out again.

Nev.

Comment

Ok thanks for that, i think im still on standard suspension. Thought i'd ask as my brothers isuzu still has 20 litres in it when showing empty.

Comment

So I wasn't as fooked as I thought then, good to know lol
            Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              You've got approx 20 miles of gentle driving left before the spluttering starts.

It takes £25 worth of fuel to extinguish the low fuel light in a bone dry tank.
              Its a day later and thats probably about £30 by now, robbing gits
              Non consternationes.

Comment

Never saw my red light and presumed it was broken so ran it as low as I dared and it finally came on. My relief was short lived as after just 12 ish miles it spluttered as I pulled into the petrol station.

Filled it up and it failed to start. Got it running by blasting WD40 into the air filter. Never ran it to the red light again.
                Leaky Surf

Comment

Working...
                X