Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubs

Anyone go experience of these AVM heavy duty hubs?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1609516635...84.m1423.l2649
    Brian

On offer here, £95

http://www.ks-international.com/toyo...zn130-avm-hubs
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      Plus 5% discount through the l200 forum, might go for those.
      Brian

Comment

They look good, i would be interested to know how you get on with them as i have broken 3 aisin hubs in quick succession, so have gone back to the standard hub plates for strength.
        but i will need manual lockers again after i put a supra diff in the front.

Comment

A supra diff in the front? Never heard of that one.
          well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

More to the point what are you doing when you break the asin hubs? My ones are running 35 inch tyres and i had no issues.
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
              More to the point what are you doing when you break the asin hubs? My ones are running 35 inch tyres and i had no issues.
              Hehe, thats what I thought, I ran Aisins with 35" Boggers and a Rover V8 offroad for years on the old pickup without a breakage.

Originally posted by muddle View Post
              A supra diff in the front? Never heard of that one.
              It's an easy way (well, easyish, you have to confident setting up diffs) of getting an LSD in your front diff, (and putting even more strain on your hubs.. ) Old Supras have the 7.5" diff as the front of IFS Surfs, newer ones have 8" diffs if you have a solid front axle.

Brian, in my experiance AVM's are least beefy looking (standard ones), and the only ones I've even seen broken, Warn hubs are nice, as are the Aisins OEM ones. Roughtrax's Aisin copys look nice to, but only fitted two sets so far.

I'd give them a try, they address the weak parts of standard AVM hubs.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thank you all, looks like they are worth a try.
                I will report back, however, fitting will be a few months away yet as the project is a long way from complete.
                Brian

Comment

i contemplated putting a mk2 supra lsd internals in my diff, but i am gonna go the whole hog and retro fit a mk3 diff in place of my standard diff.
                  this will give me 8" internals (which is good as i have also broken 3 front diffs) and lsd. it also means as the supra diff doesnt have the add i can use longer drive shafts so i can allow the front to articulate more without running cvs at dangerous angles.
                  i know i could prolong the life of my front end by using less right foot but thats how i like to drive, i would rather make my truck as close to unbreakable as possible.

Comment

Working...
                  X