Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughtrax :)

Top marks again to Roughtrax.
    Did the usual shopping around ebay checking and as per usual ordered from Roughtrax.
    Ordered my timing belt bits and bobs(idler, tensioner, spring etc) late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning and delivered today as per the 1 hour window that they had stated.
    No hanging around all day hoping and waiting, text notification and email confirmation of the delivery time, also with an alternate delivery address and delivery day option.

Most impressed.

Just got to hope that Saturday and Sunday will be dry so I can get it all done.....
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Ordered a lot of things from them on different occasions. Really impressed with how fast everything came and for the quality of the products its well priced.

I added two sets of fan belts to my order by mistake and they even called up to check and see if one set needed removing.

Comment

They are good for delivery...

Make sure you've got a puller for the crankshaft pulley (and the timing belt pulley behind it if you're doing the crank seal) before you start. (When I did my crank seal I found out my puller didn't fit the belt pulley and had to do a 60 mile round trip to work and back to make one )

Comment

I am also a huge Roughtrax fan.

Barry is fantastic and has really gone above and beyond "good" customer service, and they seem to use witchcraft to deliver within impossibly short windows.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
          They are good for delivery...

Make sure you've got a puller for the crankshaft pulley (and the timing belt pulley behind it if you're doing the crank seal) before you start. (When I did my crank seal I found out my puller didn't fit the belt pulley and had to do a 60 mile round trip to work and back to make one )
          Good Idea !!

I had the crankshaft pulley off a few months back to do the water pump so I am hoping the pulley will be easier to pop off this time.

With regards to the bottom timing gear I was thinking about running two long bolts through the gear but I guess having the bolts pushing against the engine casing is not going to be that good an idea......
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Do not try to remove the harmonic balancer with a normal puller with legs. You will damage it. Use a proper harmonic ballancer puller.

Nev

Comment

Might be popping into town first......
              http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...C=RV-040810698
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Top marks to DPD. They are the ones that make it happen.
                Roughtrax "just" put a stamp on it..
                ...But to be fair I've ordered after 3pm and it's still been here the next day.

RT have their own fair share of negative views though to be fair, mainly for pattern parts... Cheap is cheap for a reason.
                It's not all smellin' roses
                just my twopenneth...
                anfd tbh not had a bad experience from them yet...
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  Top marks to DPD. They are the ones that make it happen.
                  Roughtrax "just" put a stamp on it..
                  ...But to be fair I've ordered after 3pm and it's still been here the next day.

RT have their own fair share of negative views though to be fair, mainly for pattern parts... Cheap is cheap for a reason.
                  It's not all smellin' roses
                  just my twopenneth...
                  anfd tbh not had a bad experience from them yet...
                  Fair comment
                  Would I buy a brand new bumper for less than £100 from them?
                  No.
                  I normally pop in to pick up my parts from them to save on the delivery charges and to make sure I have them for when I need them but because of work commitments I had this time to rely on their delivery service, and was not disappointed.
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

If you need a hand or advice buddy give me a call, if I'm free ill pop over.
                    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                      If you need a hand or advice buddy give me a call, if I'm free ill pop over.
                      Cheers

Fuel pump needs to come out..........

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

It's a lovely job that, dont do a someone and forget the bracket at the back. And dont forget to clean and check the alignment mark on the pump body before removing.
                        well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Slow and steady I think will be the order of the day.
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I used to use roughtrax until they sold me a crap part that lasted less than a week . Then when I rang up was basically told tough shit I must have fitted it wrong . Then Barry had the nerve to post in my thread on this forum saying I had said stuff on the phone that I hadn't said ! All round bad experience and now don't buy anything off them or recommend them to anyone .
                            And before anyone jumps on my back about this post it is just my true experience of dealing with them and Barry's bad customer service . I even had other forum members send messages saying they had a similar experience .

PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Barry stole my car!!!

Bit then returned it valeted!!!

But with no wheels...
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X