Dab Pure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dab Pure.

Just bought one of the above and I must say, Dissapointed, I can only recieve BBC Radio stations and Asian network so about 6 or 7 ! I mainly got it to listen to Planet Rock on the move. Does anybody have any experience with these, I can only guess its my area.. ?
    So what I have is an expensive Ipod Player......

We've had a DAB radio for a couple of years, but have only just got digital coverage up here. I can only presume the coverage will get better.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

NME is good, (sorry it doesn't help with your problem )

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
        Just bought one of the above and I must say, Dissapointed, I can only recieve BBC Radio stations and Asian network so about 6 or 7 ! I mainly got it to listen to Planet Rock on the move. Does anybody have any experience with these, I can only guess its my area.. ?
        So what I have is an expensive Ipod Player......
        It must be a network coverage issue, Dave. We bought one for my dad to listen to his classical music on Classic FM, and R3. Sound was crystal clear. I tuned in to a few other stations whilst setting it up for him. sound quality was excellent. Really impressive.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Thanks Guys, I have emailed there site, I have to speak to tech dept, Yes Mick sounds very good, But I want my Heavy Rock, Not ###### hip hop, rap and bangladash drums and flutes... Boo Hoo...

Comment

You've got DAB in Norfolk?
            Wasn't it only last year you got colour televisions and ditched the shell suits?

Or was that Wales... I forget!
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I too suffer from poor reception on my DAB.
              A neighbor gave me some instructions on how to construct a 'slim jim' external aerial for it and it can improve reception phenomenally.

I made mine out of a piece of M20 PVC conduit, some solid 2.5mm cable, a bit of coax and (I think) an F type connector. Took me about an hour to build and the results are worthwhile but a bit sporadic sometimes. Have to keep moving the thing about a bit like an old set top TV aerial but when it comes good it's great.

Try googling slim jim for build instructions. If you're struggling let me know and I'll see if I can find mine amongst the rest of my junk.

Comment

What's wrong with FM?

It's not as bandwidth limited, compressed, flaky etc.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I have a DAB alarm clock and I can't pick up a great deal. I do get plannet rock though, the only half decent station!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                    You've got DAB in Norfolk?
                    Wasn't it only last year you got colour televisions and ditched the shell suits?

Or was that Wales... I forget!
                    No wrong again I think you mean Liverpool !

Comment

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
                      I too suffer from poor reception on my DAB.
                      A neighbor gave me some instructions on how to construct a 'slim jim' external aerial for it and it can improve reception phenomenally.

I made mine out of a piece of M20 PVC conduit, some solid 2.5mm cable, a bit of coax and (I think) an F type connector. Took me about an hour to build and the results are worthwhile but a bit sporadic sometimes. Have to keep moving the thing about a bit like an old set top TV aerial but when it comes good it's great.

Try googling slim jim for build instructions. If you're struggling let me know and I'll see if I can find mine amongst the rest of my junk.
                      No, reception is fine, its in car and they supply a stick on ariel, its just the lack of stations, I have just registered the unit and ask the question on thier website, prob some set up issue...

Comment

Sorted, the few that come preprogrammed as standard, A scan has to be performed, now I have more than I ever knew existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                          No wrong again I think you mean Liverpool !
                          Nah, they've got plenty of tellies, they're just someone else's

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            What's wrong with FM?

It's not as bandwidth limited, compressed, flaky etc.
                            You don't get 6 music on FM.

Other than that - not a lot.

Comment

Quantity over quality, like Sky TV. Way of the world I suppose.

I only listen to 5 Live and Radio 2. If 5 Live were on FM, probably wouldn't bother with DAB at all. Sounds dreadful through a decent hifi.

Comment

Working...
                              X