Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter motor

Hey guys and gals

ill keep it short, i think i need a new starter motor, does anybody know where i can find cheap new ones or quality recon ones??

Thanks
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Fix it kit on the bay sorted mine, was about £15 sobs. hth

Comment

I tried the fix it kits on mine, but I think the internal wiring had fried,so I bought a new one from Roughtrax no probs smaller more easier to fit. When I say easier they are a nightmare to get off and on, you wont want to be doing it many times..

Comment

sounds promising lol aren't starter motors suppose to be a bolt off bolt on type of part?

Comment

Indeed they are, But have you seen where it is hiding ? You may want to read up a good how to on the Aus tech site very helpful. You will need about 500mm of socket extensions to go in under the bulkhead to get one of the bolts out. Good luck with repair.

Comment

3.0 starters are a bit easier than the 2.4's.

Comment

damn sounds like fun cheers guys

Comment

I agree. Put mine back on today and it was a pain to squeeze it down the gap. I still have a lot of engine parts missing so I can imagine its an annoying job when you have to start removing other parts.

Comment

Dont worry to much, once you have done it a few times its easy , Just remember to remove all items in the way ie on 2.4 its the power steering pipes and fuel filter, disconect Battery, and have a good read up on here. you will be fine.

Comment

My local independant toyota dealer changed mine for about £50 all in.

Comment

Working...
                    X