2.4 Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 Fuel Pump

Can one of you fine upstanding pillars of the community point me in the right direction of a link to a fuel pump rebuild.

I am pretty sure I have seen some pics of the fuel pump being stripped out and stripped down but my search just leads to a few dead links.

Ta.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....9&postcount=22

Comment

Hey, Ady. Do any of these images help? Is your pump early type, or later EFI ?
      Attached Files
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

It is a dirtier, leaky version of the one that Vince has pictured.

It is just a bugger to find where it is leaking from, definitely not leaking from the top seal/s though, so it looks like it is going to be a pump out job?
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Most likely the big 'O' ring at the back of the pump thats leaking. The 'O' ring thats not included in the Roughtrax kit.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Most likely the big 'O' ring at the back of the pump thats leaking. The 'O' ring thats not included in the Roughtrax kit.
            I take it this is the one that is also not available through Toyota?

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
              I take it this is the one that is also not available through Toyota?

No idea, but apparently there are available from B&Q!

Comment

My roughtrax kit had the distributor o ring in there. The one that was missing was the top sensor one.

@ shokenore, I'll rebuild it for you if you like. I like doing them, rebuilding that is, not getting them out.

Could also be leaking from the side seal, the one between the pump and block. But do them all anyway.
                well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Try these,

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76333

Hope this helps.

Gman.
                  If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Thanks for the replies

The PDF's are a great resource.

I assume that the removal of the pump is hindered by the need to remove the bracket that holds the pump to the block, is it the usual double jointed hands and fingers job?
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Crazy arrangement of extension bars ujs and odd angles with spanners that to an eight of a turn at a time. Its not too bad really. I did a little write up for someone over there, see if to u can dig it out as it covered a good amount.
                      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Working...
                      X