Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Member

Good evening all,

Having just sold my Freelander TD4 as it was on its way out and was going to cost in-excess of £1500 to get through the MOT, I have chosen an N plate Surf 3l SSR-G it's in really good condition and ill be collecting w/c 25/2!

I do a lot of shooting and travelling to Scotland for Deer Stalking, my mate has one that's done 240,000 miles and bar the odd little niggle is as good as new!

The one I'm picking up has done just over 120,000 miles has been serviced fully with new belts all-round and its passed an MOT with no adivisorys.

Is there anything I should be doing straight away to the truck (checking or otherwise) to make sure it runs well - and more importantly doesn't overheat etc? I've spent hours now reading lots of threads on here and there is some mixed opinions -

Tom

First thing would be to fit an after-market temperature gauge with a warning alarm. I am doing this when I change my two con-rods and cylinder head. (Due to it overheating).

If you are going to be going up mountains or towing big loads put thicker oil in the viscus fan. Regardless its advisable to top it up; its not a big job and its a critical area. Might as well do the belts while you are at it. Mine were on the cords when I got it

Comment

Hello and welcome..

Comment

good afternoon & welcome

Comment

OOH and I see owner of heavy calibre rifles as well .308 ?

Comment

Hi n welcome to the Forum enjoy ya stay n more important ya Truck ...
            Be sure to check the overheating threads n regular filter changes won't hurt either, enjoy ya Truck !!

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Thanks for the replies gents,

Can someone point me in the direction of one of these after-market temp alarms?

Webbo - seen you on PW and maybe SD? I'm a 7x57 / .243 man -

.308's are for weekend warriors!!

Tom

Comment

http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk/shop/i...od&productId=8
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I may be being childish but I found this amusing.
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toser-NEW-...item2a08d4f447

Something like that though it what I have, cheaper and does the job. Better if you get one with a warning beep when it gets too hot though because its easy to not look at it and easy for the temperature to shoot up when there is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TomR-G View Post
                      Thanks for the replies gents,

Can someone point me in the direction of one of these after-market temp alarms?

Webbo - seen you on PW and maybe SD? I'm a 7x57 / .243 man -

.308's are for weekend warriors!!

Tom
                      I use a Remmington SPS 700 in .243 For the big Bullets, Lovley Rifle...

Comment

A Heym man myself, got three of them and don't have to spend a penny making them thumb-hole at 100yrds, all my mates with Rem's have spent loads on them but love them!?!

Horses for courses as we all know, I'm after a drilling next for boar but S Yorks frown upon any southerner let alone one with a cape rifle!

Webber - did you get my post about the 3l blanking EGR plate?

Tom

Comment

Just been looking at you avatar - is that .22lr, .223 and .243 I see!

T

Comment

Actually middle ones a HMR or .17rem I think - zoomed in to far!

Comment

I don't have a gun; however, I do have a larger than average penis.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X