Rainy season in the Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainy season in the Surf

Since this was my way to work yesterday afternoon, you can see why I am fretting about the breathers and the snorkel!!
    Attached Files

Good to see the rains have happened.
    Following driving through similar scenes on my way to work in Devon over the last few months, I have had to have the alternator rebuilt on my Gen 3. The auto electrician cited 'water damage' as the cause.
    Not sure if there is any way to prevent this or whether I was just unlucky.
    Either way, alternator aside, the truck coped very well with water up to just below the front of the bonnet.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Comment

I noticed Mondeo's have their alternator enclosed in a housing with an air duct at the back, something to think about. Or at least a plate in front to deflect the majority of the water.

Comment

I hate it when pedestrians walk in the middle of the road.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
          Good to see the rains have happened.
          Following driving through similar scenes on my way to work in Devon over the last few months, I have had to have the alternator rebuilt on my Gen 3. The auto electrician cited 'water damage' as the cause.
          Not sure if there is any way to prevent this or whether I was just unlucky.
          Either way, alternator aside, the truck coped very well with water up to just below the front of the bonnet.
          Cheers,
          Mark
          Tell you what, the rains this year are something we haven't seen in a long time. The Zomba road was under repair, until the rains stopped work beginning of Jan. The detours that the company made, basically sandy tracks,have now turned to swamp and are impassable. Someone I know tried it yesterday and failed, and descrbed it as a HGV cemetery, with some of the lorries getting stuck while in the process of recovering others.
          Only access between BT and Zomba is now the Balaka-Golomoti roar, still passable, but a 4 hour trip. Bit like going from London to Oxford via Norwich!Its now sat morning and it has rained fairly heavily no stop since thurs morn...and my snorkel is still in its plastic bag!
          Cup of tea first!
          Last edited by tashtego; 19 February 2013, 16:25.

Comment

Finally got the thing fitted,doesn't look too bad considering its not a safari or TJM. Big puddles here we come!
            Attached Files

Comment

looks good
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
              X