.22 air rifle oponions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .22 air rifle oponions please.

Looking into getting a .22 rifle, spring loaded one not gas. Preferably scoped, but don't want to spend a fortune, budgeting 150-200 but hoping some on here might have experience in this sector.

Don't want a .177.
    Springer not gas
    Scoped
    Surpressed or not don't mind
    Atleast 10ft/lb and as near to 12 as poss
    And quite accurate up to 30-40 yards

Will start targeting but will want to enable to kill rabbits cleanly and accurately.

Thanks.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Can I ask why you don't want a .177?
    They are a perfect rabbit gun, if you estimate the range of a rabbit wrong with a .177 it is much more forgiving than a .22 in terms of trajectory. It'll also be good for a 35-40 yard head shot.

Comment

re

when you say gas, you mean pneumatic ? .

there's many to choose from when it comes to makes i would just go with a good recognized make AirArms, Weihrauch, BSA, Theoben, webley, all of these air rifles are good air rifles if looked after. i would favor weihrauch, i had one of these many years ago and fitted a square spring to it, would smash a bottle to bits at 40 yards. i then got into pneumatic air rifles as it was part of my job going on rabbit shoots, 60 shots at 12lbs and very quite to. Anyway that was many moons ago. i would have a look at a air rifle club on line, join it and see whats up for grabs in the buy section.

ark

Comment

Just prefer. 22

By gas yeah, pneumatic. Don't want to deal with extras, just keep it simple. Was looking at bsa lightenings.

Comment

Hi, I control Rabbits in my sprare time and shoot over 500 a year now along With Fox and Deer Control with bigger calibres. I use for Rabbit HMR 17 .22 Rimfire Subsonic Moderated, and the Air Rifle of my choice as a spring charge is the Weihrach HW 97 K in .22 as I feel the .177 is proven to pass through the quarry with less effect. In my opinion the HW97 K the only choice for a springer. Hope this helps, any more questions ask away. BTW if you have the land to shoot and is surveyed for Firearms why not look at getting the .22 Rimfire ? Cheaper than a good Air Rifle if you go for the superb CZ 452 Range
          Last edited by Webbo; 12 February 2013, 22:07.

Comment

What's the rough cost of one of those, and as you may know are there better and worse brands of pellets? I know really cheap ones are random weights.

Comment

The best springer I have ever owned or used was my hw77k, AWESOME rifle

Comment

I use a BSA superstar for all types o shooting but you can get some good guns 2nd had these days.

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                  Just prefer. 22

By gas yeah, pneumatic. Don't want to deal with extras, just keep it simple. Was looking at bsa lightenings.
                  Had a Mate who bought one of those, against my advice ! And low and behold he now Shoots a 97 K.

Comment

I find a .22 is a better caliber for something as big as a rabbit though .25 would be better, this caliber will bowl a rat over stone dead no trouble.

Comment

What's good for a budget of 150 or so? Second hand. Seen a webely xocet. 22 for £120 scoped.

Comment

It might be worth a trip to the range tunnel in Devizes .... Its at the end of station road carpark. They do second hand guns and you can try them on the range first. Thats where i got my Weihrach
                        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                          Hi, I control Rabbits in my sprare time and shoot over 500 a year now along With Fox and Deer Control with bigger calibres. I use for Rabbit HMR 17 .22 Rimfire Subsonic Moderated, and the Air Rifle of my choice as a spring charge is the Weihrach HW 97 K in .22 as I feel the .177 is proven to pass through the quarry with less effect. In my opinion the HW97 K the only choice for a springer. Hope this helps, any more questions ask away. BTW if you have the land to shoot and is surveyed for Firearms why not look at getting the .22 Rimfire ? Cheaper than a good Air Rifle if you go for the superb CZ 452 Range
                          While the .22 will pass through with a slightly greater effect the idea is to hit behind the eye killing it quickly. The .177 would do this effectively and with less pellet swirl giving better accuracy and a cleaner kill. Just my opinion.

Comment

I don't know much on this subject but have a Diana model 52 which seems to fit your description of .22 spring rifle. I only ever use it for target shooting but it seems very solid and accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                              It might be worth a trip to the range tunnel in Devizes .... Its at the end of station road carpark. They do second hand guns and you can try them on the range first. Thats where i got my Weihrach
                              Good thought there, I know they sold ammo, didn't think they do guns. Do you go out shooting much?

Comment

Working...
                              X