Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treating the surf to a few bits

Well as the surf is now 18 years old getting a few new bits

Signed up for the rough trax discount and it was worth its money already had a discount of £12

I have just picked up a pair of impreza front seats to fit as I saw you just have to modify the side mount.

Have millers ATF coming as the gear changes are a bit sloppy and I have no record of when it was last changed if ever.

New radiator coming as the old one is on its last legs had to get a rad cap last week as it was leaking probably 18 year old.

Rear wiper blade as that is most likely the same age and does nothing

Timing belt kit as I checked it before and the belt looked ok but while the rad is out why not.

Got clear rer light lenses

Gonna delete the air con at the same time as the condenser is falling down in pieces it's so brittle plus I don't need it have a sunroof.

Got a HID kit coming as the lights are a bit dull along with LED sidelight bulbs

And a remote locking kit as I'm fed up having to put the key in the door.

That's it for this time

Have you thought of where you will be getting the new Rad from, do some research, Boston Rads not far from you are Very Good. Its something you need to do some research on, as lots of help on here..

Comment

Sounds good - pics needed.
      Oh - and someone else will no doubt be along to explain that HID kits are now an MoT fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
        Have you thought of where you will be getting the new Rad from, do some research, Boston Rads not far from you are Very Good. Its something you need to do some research on, as lots of help on here..
        Top advise..
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

I was going with rough trax as I've never had any issues with their parts

Comment

Originally posted by cazyp View Post
            Sounds good - pics needed.
            Oh - and someone else will no doubt be along to explain that HID kits are now an MoT fail.
            Oh really has that just changed? The surf just had an MOT at Christmas so good for 10 months

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo12c View Post
              I was going with rough trax as I've never had any issues with their parts
              Like I said, do some research, especially on Rads, A lot of us including me have had issues with RT Rads, everything else from RT from my experience top notch..

Comment

Oh right just emailed them and they are using a company called 'too cool'

Is this the Boston one?

http://www.bostonradiatorservicesltd.co.uk/brs/

Comment

Oh right just emailed them and they are using a company called 'too cool'

Is this the Boston one?

http://www.bostonradiatorservicesltd.co.uk/brs/
                  Yes Mate, the one I bought was one made by to cool, Ally with plastic top and bottom tanks, the tanks are the point where the soldered ones historicly leak. I guess you have a 2.4 ? I think BR dont do Ally ones for the 3.0. BTW they also give 3 year warranty.
                  I have work now, but do a search, I posted a piccy of it on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                    Yes Mate, the one I bought was one made by to cool, Ally with plastic top and bottom tanks, the tanks are the point where the soldered ones historicly leak. I guess you have a 2.4 ? I think BR dont do Ally ones for the 3.0. BTW they also give 3 year warranty.
                    I have work now, but do a search, I posted a piccy of it on here.
                    I have a 3.0 will speak to them and see what they say.

Comment

I bought the cheapest ebay rad I could find for my 3.0 when I was skint and in need. It was a 'to cool' one.

Can't tell you how it's lasted as haven't driven it anywhere yet..

Comment

Phoned Boston radiators today they have ceased business so can't get one from them.

Comment

Didn't think you could fit HID kits unless you have self levelling or adjustable head lights. Seem to remember it being an mot fail. Could be wrong
                          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

No, that's right. However, it depends on how sharp your MOT man is.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Phoned Boston radiators today they have ceased business so can't get one from them.
                              Really, thats sad, and also my warranty up the spout. I know they had trouble with break ins and thefts from there valuable metals, and mainly there Antifreeze was being stolen for making Vodka for our Polish Freinds !!!!! I really hope it does'nt Poison them..

Comment

Working...
                              X