Robin Reliant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Reliant

Does anyone know of a place in/around Basingstoke that can pick up and MOT a Reliant Robin?!

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
    Does anyone know of a place in/around Basingstoke that can pick up and MOT a Reliant Robin?!
    Why do so many people insist on calling those things "Robin Reliants". They are made by Reliant, and their model name is the Robin. You wouldn't call a Ford Focus a "Focus Ford"......Rant over. That is all.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I have been in a Reliant Robin as a passenger whilst it hit 103mph. This was validated by the policeman who caught us. Scariest feckin thing ever. Absolutely flat out down a dirty great hill.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        I have been in a Reliant Robin as a passenger whilst it hit 103mph. This was validated by the policeman who caught us. Scariest feckin thing ever. Absolutely flat out down a dirty great hill.
        Hey, Gra. Have you snapped up that job in Inverness yet?

Comment

I've been in the back of one as it fell over because the driver reversed up a kerb trying to complete a three point turn.

Anyhoo, have you tried Trotter's Independant Garages?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            I've been in the back of one as it fell over because the driver reversed up a kerb trying to complete a three point turn.

Anyhoo, have you tried Trotter's Independant Garages?
            Feeling better Vince?

One of the best ever TG features https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIn_ZgHJaE .

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
              Feeling better Vince?

One of the best ever TG features https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIn_ZgHJaE .

Bit better thanks Mick. I can look at the screen for longer than five minutes at a time now.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                Hey, Gra. Have you snapped up that job in Inverness yet?
                Interview this week Mick!
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  Interview this week Mick!
                  Good luck mate!

Comment

Ta.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

There is an mot station in newbury that has its own reliant regal so I guess they would do it.
                      .... Which was nice.

Comment

I imagine tony n can pick it up and the garage in his village can mot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                          I imagine tony n can pick it up and the garage in his village can mot it.
                          Great if he can but I thought that these needed a particular type of rolling road? Was told they are classified as a trike and you need a bike licence to drive it...

Sadly my uncle passed away a few weeks ago and it's been left sat on the road with now 8 days tax n' mot left.

You may see a for sale thread in the near future....

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
                            Great if he can but I thought that these needed a particular type of rolling road? Was told they are classified as a trike and you need a bike licence to drive it...

Sadly my uncle passed away a few weeks ago and it's been left sat on the road with now 8 days tax n' mot left.

You may see a for sale thread in the near future....
                            Sorry to hear about your uncle.

You need a B1 licence to drive a 3 wheeler. If you have B (car), B1 is included. I think you should be fine.

Two garages near you that should be able to test it, but check with them first:

Basingstoke Auto Centre

Village Garage in Cliddesden, which is the one that TonyN uses I think.

I was bored...

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                              Sorry to hear about your uncle.

You need a B1 licence to drive a 3 wheeler. If you have B (car), B1 is included. I think you should be fine.

Two garages near you that should be able to test it, but check with them first:

Basingstoke Auto Centre

Village Garage in Cliddesden, which is the one that TonyN uses I think.

I was bored...
                              Thanks Sancho, much appreciated.

It was and at the moment still is booked into Cliddesden for Monday but don't think its going to happen now.

A couple of hours ago the phone rang, from what was said someone has glanced a car on one side of the road, veered and rear ended the robin up onto the opposite curb, will see the extent of the damage tomorrow.

It's been parked in that spot every week since he bought it in 1990 and today for the first time, someone hit it.

Bad timing to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                              X