Norovirus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happened to me in December.

Woke up one morning, stomach felt a bit off, but hey-ho, they don't pay me if I don't go in. Had breakfast, felt an ominous rumbling, dashed to the loo... Hmm... Looks like I might be here a while. Said to Mrs I would go in once she'd got back from the school run, I'd be right by then.

Next thing she is waking me up on the bathroom floor. Sat me on again, bowl on my lap as I wanted to puke, same thing, just blacked out. Ambulance came, said I had really low blood pressure as a result of dehydration. It had only been a couple of hours. Really light-headed at this point

Ended up going to A&E on a stretcher!, loads of Dioralyte and a sandwich in the hospital, back home just after lunch. Doctor said I'd need 10 days off. That's a good one!

I gave it a day off to not bless those who sit near me with the same, back in since then. Took about 3 weeks to feel 100%, I cycle most lunchtimes and was still getting light-headed.

Get well soon bud - plenty of liquids (salt too) as soon as it starts is my recommendation now.
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Good to hear you up and about again

I git struck down with this on way home from work late last November and ended up just making it to the M6 services before loosing everything. I was there for nearly an hour before I felt safe enough to try getting home

Comment

Glad your up and about

Comment

re

Fix up look sharp. get well soon

ark

Comment

Hope you feeling better know the feeling sat on bog wiv bowl on lap lol.

Comment

Feeling much better now except for this bluddie tickly cough!

Lost a lot of weight though.....

Comment

Nice to hear...

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                  Good to hear you up and about again

I git struck down with this on way home from work late last November and ended up just making it to the M6 services before loosing everything. I was there for nearly an hour before I felt safe enough to try getting home
                  It got my dad when he was on holiday in Blackpool. He said he just got back from the bar with a tray of drinks, bent down to put it on the table... Oh dear. No warning at all! Thankfully he got to the traps before the outer layer had been er.. Compromised, and mum got him some spare scuds.

He was in there a while too. Can't image being on the M6 traps... The graffiti alone would give me nightmares...
                  Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Errgghhh

I had the misfortune about 5 years back - not something to forget in a hurry.
                    The 3AM stirrings, not knowing which end was gonna break out first.
                    Thankyou to the bathroom designer for putting the basin within reach 'when one is seated.'
                    I could have set the clocks to the 45min interval eruptions over the following 10 hours.
                    Speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                    X