Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, my name is Richard, im 22, living in Lancashire and just having a look through the site..

Im a big toyota head, staff on toyotaownersclub-irl and am just moved to the UK so now looking at getting a surf in the near future.

As im still young i would like something on the slightly obnoxious side with a big lift and wide track but having a young daughter also want it to be safe.

I wont be getting one yet as we are getting married in the summer but as with most of my previous 34 cars i like to get to know them before i buy

One of my big questions is the legality, safety and comfort of a lift kit.

Thanks,

Richard

Originally posted by Richardc9052 View Post
    Hey guys, my name is Richard, im 22, living in Lancashire and just having a look through the site..

Im a big toyota head, staff on toyotaownersclub-irl and am just moved to the UK so now looking at getting a surf in the near future.

As im still young i would like something on the slightly obnoxious side with a big lift and wide track but having a young daughter also want it to be safe.

I wont be getting one yet as we are getting married in the summer but as with most of my previous 34 cars i like to get to know them before i buy

One of my big questions is the legality, safety and comfort of a lift kit.

Thanks,

Richard

Hello Richard. Welcome. With regards to your Question, are you asking about a body lift kit? This is safe, legal, and comfortable. Conversely, there are different ways that you can raise the suspension. some ways can have an effect on the ride, others less so. There's plenty info on here, just use the search facility. Where abouts in Lancashire are you. You're welcome to have a look under mine, some time.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

22 yo and 34 cars?

Hello.
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Im living in Euxton at the moment, just noticed your in chorley, only down the road lol! Id love to have a look under it

Ive looked quite a bit and ive found how to do the lifts etc but no personal experiences of comfort and safety.

I was thinking both body and susp lift, a total of about 5" plus 30"+ tires.

Yep, 34 cars.. and the only Non-Toyota's i have owned are

White e36 BMW
        White 1988 mk2 Fiesta
        Red Corsa B
        Blue Nissan Sunny
        Blue Pug 106 Kid
        Wine Nissan Almera
        Red Mitsi FTO GPX
        Burgundy Astra F Estate 1.7td isuzu

The others where mostly Corolla's the E10 model, lots of saloons 2 or 3 hatches .

I had a Gt turbo starlet, an ae111 levin and an ae101 levin (which i only recently sold..)

Cheapest car i bought was an e10 saloon, with years test and 3 months tax for €70 or about £50.. the most expensive was €2800 for the bmw

Comment

You won't be having the Surf for long then?

Comment

I never planned on selling/breaking most of them, others i bought knowing i could drive for a few months and still make a profit when i got bored..

Im interested in a surf because i have a growing interest in green laning and would like something with the space of an estate like i have now.

I think that it would be something i would hold onto because when i do buy one, i want a clean, minded example that i can hold onto.

Comment

You're welcome to come and have a look. Just let me know when. mwsteph(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot) uk.

Comment

Thanks MWS, i might just do that sometime

Comment

Welcome Richard, I'm in Leyland.
                  Al.

Comment

Originally posted by swampy View Post
                    Welcome Richard, I'm in Leyland.
                    Al.
                    Hello, Swampy. What colour is your truck? I've probably seen you around. There are quite a few 3rd gen's knocking about the area.

Comment

Hi again Richard,
                      sorry I've got a short attention span, mine is a sort of Silver Grey, but I believe it's actually down somewhere as blue? It has a purpose made roof rack that I got made at SDV Roof Racks Clitheroe. Nowt special, but I had a stainless exhaust fitted 2 years ago with side exit, (no fumes when tailgate window is lowered during those hot balmy summer days we enjoy every summer along the Fylde Coast?) Got the beast because I wanted something with a bit of 'grunt' to pull the tin tent, and was a 'bit outside of the box!'
                      Fancied the Surf because a mate praised his to bits, and we've never looked back. ( just keep an eye on the rear half shaft oil seals, mine went on one side and was a bit of a struggle to change it, but it is manageable. Diff breather valves can be a problem, they tend to corrode up and overpressurise the half shaft seals so I'm led to believe, and yes mine was corroded shut tight, so there you go).
                      Cam belts are pretty easy to change on the Gen 3, did mine 4 months ago. Regular oil changes with good quality oil, and you won't be dissapointed.
                      Happy Surfing.
                      Last edited by swampy; 12 February 2013, 22:12.

Comment

sorry guys , posted twice.
                        Last edited by swampy; 12 February 2013, 22:13.

Comment

Hello and welcome, enjoy the short time you will be on here...

Comment

Originally posted by Richardc9052 View Post
                            As im still young i would like something on the slightly obnoxious side with a big lift and wide track
                            Hmmm, shame you are not looking to buy asap, there's the ultimate obnoxiously obnoxious surf for sale there...
                            And its got a V8
                            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                            X