My first off road attempt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ship
    don,t mean to put a dampener on this thread or owt, but if you ain,t 100 per cent sure it,s legal to be there you shouldn,t be. sorry to sound like an old f*rt but the ramblers, horsey people, farmers, landowners, forestry commission, national parks authoritey, etc all look for things like this as an excuse to close green lanes to 4x4,s, m/cycles, maybe try joining GLASS or LARA before you go off-road again, for a bit of advice.
    The land in question is a forest that was originally planted in the early 70s by my grandfather. When he passed away the forest part of the land was sold as a commercial concern to a forestry company. My family still owns a small part of the land, and I believe that we have access rights to the forest so we can get to the well for water (although we never use it). So technically, we probably shouldn't have been there in 4x4s, and the 'Green Lane' wasn't an offically recognised lane in any way shape or form. I certainly wouldn't countenance just driving into any old private piece of land and mucking around, and I always make a significant effort not to do any damage to any of the countryside when I'm around.

Stay Safe.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
    X