Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2nd gen

Thought I might as well throw up a few random pics of my truck,

Have it since last june, havent done a whole lot with it, its my daily & i drive for work so A/T's and mostly standard bits is about as far as i can go (for now..)

sorted out the saggy rear with milners +20%'s,
    fitted a couple of uj's
    fitted 9" spots

Enjoy

Welcome to the forum Kevin. That's a really handsome truck. Careful you don't block too much airflow to the radiator with those huge spots, though..
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

nice, welcome, where is that?
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Very nice.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
          Welcome to the forum Kevin. That's a really handsome truck. Careful you don't block too much airflow to the radiator with those huge spots, though..
          Thank you Mick,

Yeah I had feared it, in fact I only wanted 7" ones but thats what arrived,
          but (fingers crossed) all is good, temp needle sits slightly to the cool side of centre and has never budged beyond since the day i got her.
          I am an avid temp needle watcher though, having owned one or two bavarian kettles before

@Budwieser, Some of the pics were taken in Dartfield off road centre in Galway, others were in the local bog.

Comment

Actually, now that I think of it, and before I forget,

Would any of you know the paint code for the grey in my two tone??

Comment

Hi and welcome, nice truck. I like those front bars had it in my mind for several years to make some up like that..

Comment

Originally posted by cheenso View Post
                Thank you Mick,

Yeah I had feared it, in fact I only wanted 7" ones but thats what arrived,
                but (fingers crossed) all is good, temp needle sits slightly to the cool side of centre and has never budged beyond since the day i got her.
                I am an avid temp needle watcher though, having owned one or two bavarian kettles before

@Budwieser, Some of the pics were taken in Dartfield off road centre in Galway, others were in the local bog.
                Hey, Kevin. Can I assume, that because it's a 4Runner, it's also a manual. If that's the case, they don't have an auto trans intercooler in the bottom of the radiator, and as a result, should run a bit cooler anyway. Which is good news. If you're an avid temp gauge watcher, don't forget that the Toyota gauge isn't that accurate. There is a modification available on the Aussie site, to improve it. http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/tempgauge.htm . Or you could just do what a few of us have done, and fit an auxiliary digital gauge.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cheenso View Post
                  Actually, now that I think of it, and before I forget,

Would any of you know the paint code for the grey in my two tone??
                  Just seen that, Kevin. Yours is an interesting colour combination, but the dark metallic grey part of your combo should be Toyota code 179.

Comment

Correct, its a manual 5spd with rear lsd, that surprisingly still bites!

Hmm something I guess i should look into, fitting an aux guage that is, I wouldnt be dab handed enough to go fiddling with resistors and such, interesting read though, thanks.

Re: the colour, Im not so sure that it is 179 you see, the colour is actually a little lighter than say the grey on the bottom of a Red/Grey colour combo, not sure if it can be seen here, but it is a touch lighter... Certainly is different, not sure if ive seen another like it, i believe the truck is an oz import..

Comment

Hey, Kevin. The colours in that last pic do look a lot lighter than the earlier pics. Take a look under the bonnet at the VIN plate. What's the paint code?

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                        Hey, Kevin. The colours in that last pic do look a lot lighter than the earlier pics. Take a look under the bonnet at the VIN plate. What's the paint code?
                        Hi Mick,

Sorry i didnt get back, had quite a hectic few weeks, back to normal now

I looked at the codes, the colour just comes up as green when i google it, the chassis id plate reads as:

KZN130R-GKMSXW

751 HY41 G285 R150F

Comment

Working...
                        X