New user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user

Hi. I have my heart set on buying a Hilux surf in the near future. I would be looking for probably a 3.0td about 1994 95. I would want one in a condition where I wouldnt have to do anything to it. So good, rust free bodywork, good engine and transmission etc.

What sort of price would I be looking at paying for something like this?

Also I have never driven anything like this before. All my cars have been fwd or rwd, usualy hatches and saloons with manual gearboxes. So would this be a good place for me to start with something a bit larger?

Cheers

Chris

Originally posted by spanner_monkey View Post
    Hi. I have my heart set on buying a Hilux surf in the near future. I would be looking for probably a 3.0td about 1994 95. I would want one in a condition where I wouldnt have to do anything to it. So good, rust free bodywork, good engine and transmission etc.

What sort of price would I be looking at paying for something like this?

Also I have never driven anything like this before. All my cars have been fwd or rwd, usualy hatches and saloons with manual gearboxes. So would this be a good place for me to start with something a bit larger?

Cheers

Chris
    Hi Chris, keep an eye on the for sale section as they do crop up & are normally sound as most of the members on here seem to take care of them.

I went from a vectra to a surf & it is/was the best motor I've ever owned, had it six trouble free years then sold it to a fellow member "biggest mistake ever", wish I had kept it.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will keep my eye on the forum. I have seen one or two on eBay but as I said I want a good one. Do you think I would get a good one for around the £2000 mark ?

Comment

Originally posted by spanner_monkey View Post
        Thanks for the advice. I will keep my eye on the forum. I have seen one or two on eBay but as I said I want a good one. Do you think I would get a good one for around the £2000 mark ?
        Ye £2000 will get you a good 2nd gen, if you find one close to home or close to me "Bradford" then let me know if you want me to look at it with you, try go for the 3.0 if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          sold it to a fellow member "biggest mistake ever"
          Don't recognise that username is he new?
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Ye £2000 will get you a good 2nd gen, if you find one close to home or close to me "Bradford" then let me know if you want me to look at it with you, try go for the 3.0 if you can.
            thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. It would be nice to get a second pair of eyes on it when the time comes.

Comment

Hello Chris welcome to the forum. Do your research, take your time, and you'll find that 2k should get you a decent one.
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                Don't recognise that username is he new?
                He's the brother of "I need a slap for selling the surf"

Comment

He's the brother of "I need a slap for selling the surf"
                  Don't say that.... mines got to go soon
                  "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                    Don't say that.... mines got to go soon
                    Is it on eBay yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Is it on eBay yet?
                      no,got to de sticker it and wet it first...
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                      X