Time to change everything out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to change everything out.

Hey Guys, sos been busy with work alot lol, don't worry ive still got my surfy.
    Decided to change everything yesterday and eventually managed to finish everything today.
    That's the oil filter, fuel filter, Air filter, Engine oil, front diff and rear axle. I spent ages looking for the refill plug on the front diff, according to my Haynes manual it says its around the back so i sat there pondering why the hell its not until i found myself looking at the refill plug rt in front of my eyes.
    Anyway after reading through some of your comments about filling the front diff and the local garden center not selling anything i could use i dived into my fishing tackle box and pulled out a large syringe i used for filling my bait with sardine juice , works perfect he he he. ive filled the front diff untill it seeps back out of the refill hole but i notice that in cab warning light says its low? maybe needs a run to remind it its full.
    From the look of the oil and and filters its been some time since anythings been done i must say the truck feels great after its surgery.
    The fuel filter was rusty but once the new one was fitted ect the car has lost its stutter and sounds good with no hick ups at all, oh and the new batteries brought the electric system back to life. I feel like a new man lol.
    Monday i start on the grease points once i find them then onto the breaking system yippeeeeee.
    Outstanding site comments has made my job easy so keep up with those ideas and thanks for reading my dribble. Oh and id like to say guys please please when you get your surf, change everything out cos i wish id done this sooner.
    If there's anything else i can change out please advise

Regards, Ste
    Life is a adventure, make it count 4x4 style

You have a warning light to tell you the diff oil level is low?????

Comment

an audible warning light, crunch, bang, smash.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        You have a warning light to tell you the diff oil level is low?????
        Yep, just the light when i put my keys in but once it starts it goes out. not noticed it before. Same amount of oil went back into diff with just a little more to get it to seep back out of the filler cap.

Comment

Don't you mean the engine oil light?

No Surfs have diff oil level warning lights.

Comment

Don't you mean the engine oil light?

No Surfs have diff oil level warning lights.
            No not the engine oil light, its a axle with a box in the middle, never seen it before. ill photo in in the morn. maybe a jap thing anyway im away to Aviemore in the morn for the sleigh dog trials but ill check in later.
            Last edited by Ste; 26 January 2013, 20:23.

Comment

A.T.F. temp warning lamp ??

Comment

Never heard of or seen one before.
                Maybe it's an oil overheat warning light.

Comment

Never heard of or seen one before.
                  Maybe it's an oil overheat warning light.
                  No its a level warning light, only ever seen it on a truck years ago but as i said ill see if i can identify it this weekend. just a light showing a picture of a axle with wavy lines and a drip over it, same as norm level indicators.

Comment

Working...
                  X