Purchasing parts Milner or Roughtrax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing parts Milner or Roughtrax

Ive had Hi-lux pick-ups for ever for work/pleasure and a Land Cruiser and added Surfs to the fleet prob 12 yrs ago.
    So i delt with Milner for yrs ( back when they were originally Milner Conversions) did quite a few V8 transplants and were pleased with their service.
    When i moved into Surfs i was less pleased with what i was getting.
    Coil springs where hopeless, had 3 sets before i went else where, yes i do alot of towing, but the RT set where a better ride, better with weight and havn't broken!!.
    Wrong parts turn up, faulty parts, poor quality etc etc, not quite every thing, but too much.
    Started using Roughtrax quite a while ago now and havn't had any problems, but their quite keen on their prices compared to Milner.
    Have i been unlucky and should try them again or does Roughtrax provide a better service/product?, as it has seemed over the yrs.
    When ever i'm asked about parts, i give both names and leave people to make their own decision.
    But if i'm fitting the parts, they only come from one place.
    Last edited by FG.; 13 January 2013, 13:21.
    [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

I use both , some parts from Roughtrax and some from Milners. I also go to the local toyota dealer. I must add that Barry at Roughtrax has gone to great lengths tho help with oddball parts.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I always use RT, As said Barry very helpfull, the only issue is there Rads for Surfs it seems.

Comment

I use both but Roughtrax edges it with regards to service, especially delivery.

Comment

I have used both and only received good service.
          No problems with delivery especially as Milners will deliver to my place of work rather than only to the billing address

Comment

Originally posted by StevenN View Post
            No problems with delivery especially as Milners will deliver to my place of work rather than only to the billing address
            As do Roughtrax.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
              I always use RT, As said Barry very helpfull, the only issue is there Rads for Surfs it seems.
              I second that...
              .... Which was nice.

Comment

I'll third that,

Roughrax have been great for me, and Barry has been exceedingly helpful!
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                  Is this a recent rad? Got a customer wants a new rad fitted, as its getting a bit leaky on the top and was in a dilemma where to go.
                  RoughTrax say its the best 'after market' one they've seen.
                  That doesn't mean alot
                  [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by FG. View Post
                    Ive had Hi-lux pick-ups for ever for work/pleasure and a Land Cruiser and added Surfs to the fleet prob 12 yrs ago.
                    So i delt with Milner for yrs ( back when they were originally Milner Conversions) did quite a few V8 transplants and were pleased with their service.
                    When i moved into Surfs i was less pleased with what i was getting.
                    Coil springs where hopeless, had 3 sets before i went else where, yes i do alot of towing, but the RT set where a better ride, better with weight and havn't broken!!.
                    Wrong parts turn up, faulty parts, poor quality etc etc, not quite every thing, but too much.
                    Started using Roughtrax quite a while ago now and havn't had any problems, but their quite keen on their prices compared to Milner.
                    Have i been unlucky and should try them again or does Roughtrax provide a better service/product?, as it has seemed over the yrs.
                    When ever i'm asked about parts, i give both names and leave people to make their own decision.
                    But if i'm fitting the parts, they only come from one place.
                    i use rt as i find the gear is better quality in my opinion never had any probs
                    15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Is this a recent rad? Got a customer wants a new rad fitted, as its getting a bit leaky on the top and was in a dilemma where to go.
                      That doesn't mean alot
                      Top tank nightmare !!! I got mine from Boston Rads from Boston in Linconshire. Ally core and plastic top and bottom tanks. Very helpfull people give them a try. It just seems so many people have had issues with RT Rads including me.

Comment

That doesn't mean alot
                        The Milner ones are reputed to fall apart. The current Roughtrax ones are reputed to look terrible and then leak. I think there is another option, but buggered if I can remember what it is...

Comment

Boston Radiators

Comment

Working...
                          X