yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a decent road bike they don't use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ross, yep, appreciate the difference between road and MTB, but not all road bikes share the same geometry either The Giant I mentioned is more relaxed than the Spesh, but that's not too extreme either. An all out racer will be longer on the top tube, probably shorter on the wheelbase and will have a steeper head tube angle. What I'm looking for is probably 'Randonneur' (?) type geometry with a slightly shorter toptube and a slacker headtube angle leading to less twitchy handling, less 'crouched' position for want of a better description.

Basically I'm looking for an efficient distance machine, I want to be able to relax a bit, rather than have to have my mind on the job all the time - if you know what I mean.

According to a keen roadie mate at work, most Bianchi's are more race machines, but that looks quite short, so if you can get dimensions and a price I can judge on that. Pics would be good. Where is the bike?

You're building a fixie? Good luck with that - you'll be putting gears on it or selling it this time next year. Check out Retrobike for the amount of fixies people have spent £kkk's building and cant sell for £100.
    Last edited by Apache; 12 January 2013, 00:55.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Andy, I got some details on that bike it's a 55in frame he is 5.8 and it fits him fine. It has upgraded mavic wheels they were £200 he is asking £450 for the bike pic attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Assuming you mean 55cm, not inches, it should fit me fine at 5'9". Looks pretty short along the top too, like an Allez.

Is he in a hurry to sell as it's certainly what I'm looking for, but I need to shift a couple of bikes to fund it / to make space / to maintain domestic harmony. I have a buyer for the Proflex, but he cant pay til end of month.

Comment

If you want send me an email I will give you his number you can sort things with him. Rosscameron22@hotmail.com

And yeah it's cm.

Comment

Sounds like an Audax type frame you are after Andy. Longer wheelbase, more relaxed geometry and a bit more 'flexible'?
            Ribble do some decent Audax frames/bikes as far as I know. I've bought of them in the past and always got good service. Frames labelled as 'Sportive' type are becoming more popular too usually built for the long slower miles in mind.
            You maybe know all this anyway.

Comment

Andy, I had a call from my friend tonight. He will accept 400 and is ok with the end of the month. If its not for you that's fine he wants to get it on eBay. Just thought I would offer first refusal!

Comment

Thanks Ross - just waiting to hear from my Proflex 'buyer' - and have a few bits on eBay to make up the difference. Will let you know as soon as I can.

Comment

Hey Ross, the chap who wanted the Proflex 'at the end of the month' has gone dark, so if your mate needs to shift his bike soon, I'll have to pass. Thank him for me for giving me first refusal.

Think I'll part the bike out, will get more that way anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X