yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a decent road bike they don't use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a decent road bike they don't use?

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...661#post785661
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

That's a nice bike! I would be interested but its too small for me also! You thinking of getting in to road biking? I have since braking my leg and giving up the rugby love it! I have a few road bikes now much to the wife's annoyance!
    I'm just making an old 1979 road bike into a fixed gear for training on.

Comment

You don't want to get into road cycling, their all a bunch of lycra clad louts, or more commonly known as MAMILs.
      Wierd bunch of folks, I mean skin tight clothing, thinking they own the road, with strange discussions involving cadence and watts.
      Compairing SRAM double taps with 105s, or Di2.

Ps I haven't got a decent road bike (yet), my two are classed as entry level and scrap ( when I was allowed into the club I found new standards), next purchase is a CX, then 2014 I'm getting a decent one.
      Last edited by Maverick; 9 January 2013, 00:49.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

If you need any fast wheels, I may be able to help. See www.spokesmanwheels.co.uk

Shameless self-promotion - sorry!
        Mark

Comment

Not looking to go superfast by any means really, just looking for something to use when the trails are waterlogged (which seems to be all the time lately!). I do want something decent though, as a lighter bike with good quality bits is so much nicer to ride than a clunker made of gas pipes! My 'for best' MTB is lighter than a lot of road bikes at around 22lbs.

Not planning on lycra either - at least not until the beer belly is somewhat reduced!

Comment

If my maths is right 22lbs works out close to 10kg, which is top weight for a road bike (my entry level is 9.6kg).
            By the look of it you're looking for and ally framed one If I remember correctly 6061 is Ok 7005 triple butted is better. If possible aim for 105 groupset, definately not the 2300 as that is the basic and you'll want rid of it (I do). Aim for a carbon fork as well, as that reduces some of the road buzz, but still expect a tooth rattling ride due to our glorious roads.

This is my current bike

She retails at £600, but has the 2300 groupset.

ps I may have got the numbers wrong on the ally frames.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

How about building up a carbon 29er hardtail? I am in the process of importing a carbon 29er frame, forks, flat bars, stem, seatpost and other bits from one of my carbon rim suppliers in China. It should work out sub 10kg even with moderately cheap components.
              My theory is that it should be a fairly quick bike on the road and still usable (with a change of tyres) on the trails.
              Frame/forks etc looks like it is going to work out at around £650 delivered but it depends a bit on how much HM Customs decide to charge. (they decide whether it is a bike or bike components - different duty rates!)

Comment

This is the best pic I could find of my road bike!
                Attached Files

Comment

This is my other one I'm building at the moment just waiting for the new crank and its done
                  Attached Files

Comment

Andy, I know someone selling a nice bianchi c2c if your interested I can get some details and specs. It's the black and red model it looks nice.

Comment

The Allez is one of the bikes I'm considering. Always had a soft spot for Spesh since my steel Stumpy back in about 1995.

Not familiar with roadbikes Ross. What sort of geometry is the Bianchi? Prefer relaxed rather than steep and twitchy. Price is a factor too. Might have to sell the Proflex AND my full sus Merida based thingy too, but it might be wasted on me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        The Allez is one of the bikes I'm considering. Always had a soft spot for Spesh since my steel Stumpy back in about 1995.

Not familiar with roadbikes Ross. What sort of geometry is the Bianchi? Prefer relaxed rather than steep and twitchy. Price is a factor too. Might have to sell the Proflex AND my full sus Merida based thingy too, but it might be wasted on me yet.
                        I really like the frame and handling it goes where I point it and doesn't feel twitchy. Since getting her last May, I've done 2300 miles, and I've only changed the saddle (a very personal item) and stem. I intend upgrading the groupset to 105 because the Shimano 2300 really is awful. The frame can take up to 28mm tyres, but you can't fit road racer mudguards with them so I'm running 23mm but have dropped the pressure to 95psi for winter.
                        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                          This is the best pic I could find of my road bike!
                          Those Boardman bikes have come a long way in the last few years. Are the S60's standard on that?

Comment

Yeah i would love the Boardman Air 9.8 but £5k is a little to much for a bike!! the wheels are not standard they were a little treat for myself!

Comment

Andy all road bikes have a very different riding position compared to mountain bikes you will find it weird at first but give it a few rides and you will get used to it! i found my back and shoulders got very stiff after the first few rides to the point where i was about to give it up as a bad job. It does get better once your going.

this is similar to the one he is selling not sure how much he wants but it would be similar sort of price as the allez. i can find out dimesions and asking price if your interested.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X