oooooooooohhhhhhhh????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oooooooooohhhhhhhh????

just opened the bonnet to the surf. well, afew hours ago.
    believe it or not this is the first time since getting her that I have managed to get out there and have a good look at her.
    [damned back problem stops me alot]
    the bodywork is really good, the interior is clean and to be honest, needs very little to tart it up.
    the drivers seat has the usual small tare as you get in.
    1 rear seat button is missing.
    as is the rear boot cover, pull over thing.
    as I opened the bonnet, all looked very good, a very small oil leak is coming from somewhere at the back of the engine only.
    I did notice that the second battery has only got the positive lead on???
    it starts great, sounds fine etc etc.
    am I missing something here or is this something you can do??
    I put it back on and there was no difference at all.
    do you think this is or was an oversite from the garage before I picked it up?
    or, is there a reason I don't yet know of.

took her out today and give her 'our' first run together, she runs beautifully, can't hear her engine at all at 50-60 or 70mph
    the auto box is good, everything seems to work fine.
    got all of her enduro A.T's fitted today, so have 4 pajero wheels to sell off.
    plus two tyres I don't need, part worn

tow bar goes on friday morning
    only need some sort of alarm fitted really

CAN ANYONE ADVISE ON WHATS BEST, THATCHAM 1 OR 2 ????
    wheres best to get it done in and around basildon essex??/
    so many questions
    sorry all
    just want her looking great asap

regards
    the bear
    I AM NOT THE BEST BUT I AM IN THE TOP 1

I suppose it's possible the disconnected battery is duff and they left it off so it wouldn't bring down the other (good) one, but yes both should connected, you could get them tested then youll know, (hark at me!! i just been asking about batterys myself and here i am dishing out advice i should take myself)
    as for immobilisers! no idea, for my money (and experience with one on a rover) they are more bother than there worth but for insurance purposes and you peace of mind go for one when you get some proper advice
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

re alarm

hi fishing bear

i have just brought a Toad AI606 cat 1 alarm, they have good feedback from all i have read about them, was going to fit mine myself, but pulled out at the last minute and decided to get professional in to. paid £107 for it off ebay and guys coming this Friday to fit it for £120, it has two stage mobilizations, main alarm to doors,boot,bonnet and internal sensors also if your surf has central locking it can operator this from the key fob.

Ark

Comment

thanks

ark, its one of the older, key operated ones, already driving me bonkers as I've always had remotes on all my vans..
        but I'll get over or round it
        thanks also for the info, 1st reply.
        sorry lost my track of who answered, I;ll try to leave both connected for a couple of days and if anything appears dodgy, its off to a tester for the surf

thanks again
        I AM NOT THE BEST BUT I AM IN THE TOP 1

Comment

Working...
        X