Water temp gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water temp gauge

Got my new gauge, just thinking of the best way to fit it ? As it comes with its own sender I was going to machine a Stainless tube and Tig a small socket to it, and then connect into the top rad hose. Does this sound OK ? As I didnt fancy pulling the dash out....
    Last edited by Webbo; 2 January 2013, 10:12.

Sounds okay to me. Someone else did it like that on here not too long ago.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

if you can fit it in the thermostat housing, much more accurate. easy way is to replace the stock sensor.

Comment

You'll have a hell of a time trying to put beads on stainless tube. Without it the hose will probably blow off. Why not just buy a proper adapter. Probably cheaper than making one.

The other option is if yours is an auto, is just buy an M16 to 1/8" NPT adapter for the plug in the water outlet.

Nev

Comment

http://www.nfauto.co.uk/temp_sender_housing.htm
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            You'll have a hell of a time trying to put beads on stainless tube. Without it the hose will probably blow off. Why not just buy a proper adapter. Probably cheaper than making one.

The other option is if yours is an auto, is just buy an M16 to 1/8" NPT adapter for the plug in the water outlet.

Nev
            Hi Nev, no what I was going to was to do was machine the pipe to correct dia, then machine the chamfers along the pipe to hold the hoses on then just weld an 1/8 npt socket onto it drill through the socket for the coolant. Been working with Stainless for 27 years, nice satisfaction doing it yourself sometimes. Cheers.

Comment

If you connect through the top hose you will have a temp reading of coolant leaving the motor to the rad. Then the std dash gauge will give you a reading of coolant from the rad to the motor. Nice double check system/early warning system...
              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Ahh just saw you have a 2.4 so my last post maybe rubbish...
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                  Got my new gauge, just thinking of the best way to fit it ? As it comes with its own sender I was going to machine a Stainless tube and Tig a small socket to it, and then connect into the top rad hose. Does this sound OK ? As I didnt fancy pulling the dash out....

Dave, I have an aluminium in-line temp sender housing you can have, it's red anodised and is for a 2.4's top hose. Just PM your address.

Comment

Hey, Dave. Did you order the same gauge that I got? Whe I ordered it, I also got an adaptor block. I assume it's similar to the one that Vince has offered you. Here are some pics. It's double earthed, on good avice from Mr Whacker, with a wire to the neg on the battery. Once you've fitted it, please let me know what temps you are running. I'm still only topping 73 degrees.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by MWS; 2 January 2013, 21:15.
                    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Dave, I have an aluminium in-line temp sender housing you can have, it's red anodised and is for a 2.4's top hose. Just PM your address.
                      Thanks Vince, very kind, I have made one up and will post some pics of it asap.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                        Hey, Dave. Did you order the same gauge that I got? Whe I ordered it, I also got an adaptor block. I assume it's similar to the one that Vince has offered you. Here are some pics. It's double earthed, on good avice from Mr Whacker, with a wire to the neg on the battery. Once you've fitted it, please let me know what temps you are running. I'm still only topping 73 degrees.
                        Thanks for that Mick, I think I have the same gauge, as mine was a lot cheaper I did not get the block, I have made one up and will post some pics. Ta.

Comment

this is how i did mine. but i got rid of the air con so didn't need the normal sensor.

Comment

Working...
                          X