Diy q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diy q

I have to fix one of those shelves that have slots for hidden screws; problem is, it's on a hollow wall. What do I use to hold the screws firmly in the wall, but still allow me to slot the shelf over the screw heads?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

These are pretty strong.
    Attached Files

Comment

Willthat tighten up, then let me nip the screw back a bit, but still stay secure in the wall?

Comment

you can get a metal plasterboard thing that you screw in and then put a screw into that, they look like small orgers and cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Willthat tighten up, then let me nip the screw back a bit, but still stay secure in the wall?
          Yes - You drill a hole then tap it into the wall. Use the screw to tighten the back up against the plasterboard(apply a fair bit of pressure to stop the t nut spinning), then you can remove the screw /put back in as much as you like.

Comment

Wishbones is the best solution. but do make sure you tighten it up well before releasing it it as they do spin. the plasterboard screw fixings aee good but are really for single tightening only as you will loosen the fixing by unscrewing the screw.
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              These are pretty strong.
              for whats its worth these get my vote too.
              Сви можемо

Comment

Thanks chaps, I'll go with those.

Comment

B&Q sell them in packs but if you look on the floor where they sell them theres usually a few rolling around
                  well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

...opened by Muddle
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                    X