Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toad Alarm help

Hi all

so i bought my truck with the Toad alarm fitted, think its the Ai606 as i've got this fob:

The central locking works fine, but not the alarm. I've no idea how it would work anyway to be honest, but in the 6 months I've had the car the alarm has never gone off, and when I press all the buttons nothing happens (except lock and unlock the car).

Are there any common faults that I can look at? Or is this a Toad Fitters job ($$$)?

Cheers!

Maybe it's in valet mode?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Edit: thought you were making fun of me there, so i said something sarcastic. Never mind!

I'll search valet mode.

Comment

re toad

hi just about to buy this alarm system toad ai606, will come with tech data for fitting to toyota, will let you know about wiring up once i have fitted it, or try and give you some info that may be of use.

ark

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Don't valet modes limit rpm and max mph? If it was a 2.4 I could understand it, but the op's got a 3.0...
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Toad alarm

Svenb, whats the led do when armed and disarmed?
            Do the the indicators flash accordingly when arming and disarming?
            Does the immobiliser work?
            If you set the alarm off do the indicators flash?
            Is everything ok bar the siren?
            Just need this info to get a background.

Comment

Valet mode rpm

Only if anti hijack is fitted. Think its an optional unit on these.

Comment

The red led stays solid red.

I cant activate the alarm at all, it doesnt make a sound when i lock/unlock the car.

The immobiliser works fine, and unlocking/locking the car from the fob is fine.

Pressing the 2 little buttons (see above pic) does nothing either. I havent tried doing it with the key turned all the way without cranking though, i'll try that this evening and see whats what.

Comment

Press both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time and hold for three seconds.

Comment

Played with it tonight, pressed the both buttons for 3 seconds and nothing.

Looked under the dash and found a button above the clutch (right next to aircon control box) and no combination of what i tried made anything happen.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

Alarm help

When the led is lit red all the time - indicates immobilizer active. If you can turn ignition to on, press unlock button, immobilizer should turn off and engine can be started(obviously indicates remote is working)Pressing buttons 1 & 2 together for 3 seconds AFTER turning ignition to on, then off then on and off and finally to on and leaving on will put alarm into test mode. The siren should emit a small chirp when in test mode.All sensors excluding ignition, can be checked for operation. As each sensor is triggered the siren should chirp. Turning ignition off exits test mode.
                      The siren can be tested by unplugging it when armed.
                      The 2 smaller buttons will only operate something if the optional output wires are wired.
                      Don't think these alarms have a switch, but an optional touch key.
                      All programming and modes are done through combination of turning ignition on and off and the remote buttons.
                      Could be the siren is in silent or faulty siren

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimagtr21 View Post
                        When the led is lit red all the time - indicates immobilizer active. If you can turn ignition to on, press unlock button, immobilizer should turn off and engine can be started(obviously indicates remote is working)Pressing buttons 1 & 2 together for 3 seconds AFTER turning ignition to on, then off then on and off and finally to on and leaving on will put alarm into test mode. The siren should emit a small chirp when in test mode.All sensors excluding ignition, can be checked for operation. As each sensor is triggered the siren should chirp. Turning ignition off exits test mode.
                        The siren can be tested by unplugging it when armed.
                        The 2 smaller buttons will only operate something if the optional output wires are wired.
                        Don't think these alarms have a switch, but an optional touch key.
                        All programming and modes are done through combination of turning ignition on and off and the remote buttons.
                        Could be the siren is in silent or faulty siren
                        I put it in test mode and the led flashed quickly for 3 seconds, but it didnt chirp. ill try unplugging the siren and see if it goes off.

Comment

Working...
                        X