Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what alarm and imm you got

hi
    need to get a cat1 alarm and immobilisers, also want it to open central locking, just wanted to know what you guys and gals use and whats recommended. Have been looking at toad cat1 ai606

cheers Ark

Comment

Alarm

Its not so much which cat 1 alarm you get as they will pretty much all control your central locking, but how well its fitted. All connections soldered and shrink sleeved.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimagtr21 View Post
        Its not so much which cat 1 alarm you get as they will pretty much all control your central locking, but how well its fitted. All connections soldered and shrink sleeved.
        no issues there, electronics background. have been quoted £350+ fitted, so will fit myself, looking at toad ai606 or clifford

Comment

If you fit it yourself, it won't be Cat 1 (Which doesn't really mean anything anyway, apart from insurance recognition).

I have a Viper remote start two way pager alarm in mine. I fitted it myself, and its been good so far!
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Alarm

Used to work in a place fitting alarms and lost count of vehicles that came to us with alarms not working. They were fitted by supposed installers. That was a long time ago and a lot better training now. But its like in any trade, its only as good as your best man.

Comment

re alarms

Have read somewhere you can fit it yourself, and pay for a qualified tech to sign it off , thats if he's happy with the instillation you have carried out, think it cost £30

Comment

Ai606 was fitted to my 3rd gen 5 years ago & had no problems at all, had the full closure fitted to windows as an extra.

It worked well, as I found out one night.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I have a Cobra immobiliser fitted; it's one of the ones with a touch fob.

I don't have an alarm, but I do have remote central locking fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Fey! View Post
                    I have a Cobra immobiliser fitted; it's one of the ones with a touch fob.

I don't have an alarm, but I do have remote central locking fitted.
                    same on my 3rd gen works great had noprobs with it.

Comment

re alarm

Thanks guys
                      will be going with the toad ai606, costs £105 and will be fitting myself, have spoken to the man from shop again today says he will send out data sheet for installing alarm, he was concerned as its a jap import and the wiring can get a bit messy, so recommended test all wire first to get correct ones. Anyway will let you know the outcome and any issues.

Ark

Comment

re alarm

Originally posted by Arkamelis View Post
                        Thanks guys
                        will be going with the toad ai606, costs £105 and will be fitting myself, have spoken to the man from shop again today says he will send out data sheet for installing alarm, he was concerned as its a jap import and the wiring can get a bit messy, so recommended test all wire first to get correct ones. Anyway will let you know the outcome and any issues.

Ark
                        alarm turned up yesterday, so fitting it today ( sunday ). just taken it out the box and f*** there's a lot of wires, can not wait to get stuck in.

Comment

Hi Ark, let us know how you get on as I am looking for an alarm / central locking set up myself.

I am not from an electronics background but I am a bit of a DIYer in most things and I have a soldering iron and multimeter!

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimagtr21 View Post
                            . But its like in any trade, its only as good as your best man.
                            Not if your worst man fitted it.
                            Сви можемо

Comment

Indeed, and I wouldn't want him working on my stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X