Ordering Parts for my very recently acquired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Parts for my very recently acquired

Ordering Parts for my very recently acquired Surf, wheres the best places.

Have looked at rough trax, milner and ebay.

Am inclined to go with Milner as they are cheaper.
    Parts needed Steering idler and 2 Drop link rods for the front suspension

Very new to surfs after having a range rover classic for over 7 years ( parts seem to be a lot more expensive for surfs)

Supply & demand, Surfs don't breal as much as Landrovers do; ergo, the parts are more expensive because folk don't sell as many.

As for buying - Don't buy from ebay, there are some good bits on there, but not many. Most of us use both Roughtrax and Milner, I tend to use Roughtrax more often.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Anyone want to guess which model Surf he has?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Supply & demand, Surfs don't breal as much as Landrovers do; ergo, the parts are more expensive because folk don't sell as many.
        That doesn't make any sense. The higher the demand, the higher the price should go. I think you're actually saying that Landy parts are cheaper because they are mass-produced in bigger numbers so the cost of production is lower. Personally, I'd say it's because they can be made out of pie tins by blind children.

Anyway, The usual rule is that Milners are cheaper, Roughtrax are better. Milners exhausts need a lot of convincing before they'll fit and their radiators fall apart. Actually, Roughhtrax radiators fall apart these days so don't buy a radiator from either. If you just need a lump of metal - like a suspension part - go to Milners. If you want something that's a bit more precise like an engine component go to Roughtrax.

Milners sell parts other than for hiluxes and are well thought of, so dont be scared of them. As above, generally avoid ebay unless you're feeling lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          2.4 with a time-bomb head?
          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            That doesn't make any sense. The higher the demand, the higher the price should go. I think you're actually saying that Landy parts are cheaper because they are mass-produced in bigger numbers so the cost of production is lower. Personally, I'd say it's because they can be made out of pie tins by blind children.

Anyway, The usual rule is that Milners are cheaper, Roughtrax are better. Milners exhausts need a lot of convincing before they'll fit and their radiators fall apart. Actually, Roughhtrax radiators fall apart these days so don't buy a radiator from either. If you just need a lump of metal - like a suspension part - go to Milners. If you want something that's a bit more precise like an engine component go to Roughtrax.

Milners sell parts other than for hiluxes and are well thought of, so dont be scared of them. As above, generally avoid ebay unless you're feeling lucky.
            Thanks for the advice, much appreciated are they the only 2 options except ebay?

Comment

and tell me which is the best
              what faults should I be looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Shadyadie View Post
                and tell me which is the best
                what faults should I be looking for
                Come again?

Comment

I think you're actually saying that Landy parts are cheaper because they are mass-produced in bigger numbers so the cost of production is lower. Personally, I'd say it's because they can be made out of pie tins by blind children.
                  Aye, I thought that's what I did say (minus the blind kids and pie tins), but the other way round.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated are they the only 2 options except ebay?
                    There's also Toyota. With the exception of the cup holders and the fuel pump (I think), a UK 4Runner is the same as a 3 litre surf. Even if you've got a 2.4, all the non-engine bits (except the cup holders) are the same. Sometimes Toyota are as cheap as the independents.

Comment

Aye, I thought that's what I did say (minus the blind kids and pie tins), but the other way round.
                      You mean the wrong way around?

Comment

Come again?
                        is the 3.0 better than the 2.4

I keep getting warned about the head going is this just a problem on the 2.4l

Comment

is the 3.0 better than the 2.4

I keep getting warned about the head going is this just a problem on the 2.4l
                          Yes, the 3.0 is better. No, the heads go on the 3.0 as well. They're just newer so have a bit more life left in them. Look after it properly and the head should be fine.

Comment

You mean the wrong way around?
                            No, I think...

Comment

No, I think...
                              I'm really confused now...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X