Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new round here

hi guys,
    well just got my first surf a 91 2.4td (been looking at them for years)
    im in cambridgeshire/norfolk if anyone is local
    been a toyota race mechanic for years and now work on a farm so truck will get well used
    picked the old girl up on thursday with a few probs most of them ive sorted like new antena, gearbox needed fluid change, and o/s/r window stuck open, and a boost leak..

just need to sort the error code 4 that is coming up, but if im right its the temp sensor under the back of intake manifold which is a right pain to get to?!
    bumpers are a bit rusty but think im going to weld up some front and rear winch bumpers

got a few parts on order like 33/12.5.15 kumhos
    2 inch body lift
    snorkel
    rear 3inch spring spacers
    front 2inch ball joint spacers
    front diff drop spacers
    arb drop brackets
    so think il be busy for a couple of days this week,any ints on fitting any of them like do i need a rear panard rod spacer etc?
    thanks

Welcome, Ben. Post some pictures, when you've done your modifications.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

il try but im not great with computers so may take me a while,
      ive taken some before pics already and spring spacers just came so looking to fit them tonday if the mrs lets me

Comment

Originally posted by benjo View Post
        if the mrs lets me

Oh dear.

Welcome by the way.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Just tell her you need to do it for the MOT.... I got away with a 4 inch lift abd 33 inch muds before she clicked on...
          Welcome btw.
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Hi mate

Turn your baseball cap back to front and just tell her, "I am going out to fit these parts!.................bee-atch."

Comment

Another iPhone typist?

Comment

shes 19 weeks pregnant so not safe just saying that with her mood swings id be living in the surf

Comment

welcome to the mad house.
                  im based in norfolk, there is a couple of green lane runs coming up just after xmas if you want to get your truck muddy, would be good to see another surf on the trails.

Comment

Originally posted by sjoe View Post
                    welcome to the mad house.
                    im based in norfolk, there is a couple of green lane runs coming up just after xmas if you want to get your truck muddy, would be good to see another surf on the trails.
                    hell yeah im up for that! where abouts in norfolk?

Comment

shes 19 weeks pregnant so not safe just saying that with her mood swings id be living in the surf

That just goes to show how weird women are - I've known my other half for 37 years and the 8 months she was pregnant were the most peaceful we've ever known !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

That just goes to show how weird women are - I've known my other half for 37 years and the 8 months she was pregnant were the most peaceful we've ever known !

you lucky S.O.B my mrs is evil at the moment

Comment

In a 37 year relationship given the choice of only 8 months of heaven or 8 months of hell I'd take the hell every time !

What makes it worse is that my 20 year old daughter takes after her mother and the last 10 years have been a complete nightmare with two hormonal banshees in the house

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

In a 37 year relationship given the choice of only 8 months of heaven or 8 months of hell I'd take the hell every time !

What makes it worse is that my 20 year old daughter takes after her mother and the last 10 years have been a complete nightmare with two hormonal banshees in the house

problem is my mrs is evil the rest of the time as well so its no win situation lol
                            just hope she dont see this

Comment

problem is my mrs is evil the rest of the time as well so its no win situation lol
                              just hope she dont see this

Sounds like ya Surf may come in more handy than ya first thought then n Welcome to Surfing ....

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X