"Bling" or "Business"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
    Is there a big demand for import 4x4's in that neck of the woods?

Volvos, Oh yes.

Tesco Colney Hatch has some massive speed bumps.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      in that they all just respond by telling you that they offroad their surfs.

That may be the case, but I think you're also asking why so many don't offroad their surfs.
      The OP has been a member for 2 years. Prior to this there was the annual 'run to the sun' organised by Stormy - an offroading weekend in Cornwall which was always well attended. There were runs in the East, and North East, and the very frequent runs in Wales I mentioned, and several people (Boyo, Pete, 24-7, myself amongst them) made overland trips. Woodzie, errr, I mean Biohazard still takes people out on Salisbury Plain. They seemed to phase out a bit when the price of fuel started to accelerate upwards as those of us a long way from these trips found other more pressing things to do with the spare cash.

Jim, you aint doing anything new mate - been there, done it, bought the T-shirt (literally - Wrong Way Round tour, 2008). You might be offroading every weekend, but if you take 5 mins to read the forum during the week, you'll probably find plenty of owners who'll join you on your laning trips.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

There's some awesome photo's on this Thread
        Last edited by Shadyadie; 20 December 2012, 11:18. Reason: change

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          The OP has been a member for 2 years. Prior to this there was the annual 'run to the sun' organised by Stormy - an offroading weekend in Cornwall which was always well attended. There were runs in the East, and North East, and the very frequent runs in Wales I mentioned, and several people (Boyo, Pete, 24-7, myself amongst them) made overland trips. Woodzie, errr, I mean Biohazard still takes people out on Salisbury Plain. They seemed to phase out a bit when the price of fuel started to accelerate upwards as those of us a long way from these trips found other more pressing things to do with the spare cash.

Jim, you aint doing anything new mate - been there, done it, bought the T-shirt (literally - Wrong Way Round tour, 2008). You might be offroading every weekend, but if you take 5 mins to read the forum during the week, you'll probably find plenty of owners who'll join you on your laning trips.
          You're missing the point. There are tons of surfs in the UK. Only a tiny fraction of the owners are on this forum and only some of those offroad.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
            Sancho speaks for the Muswell hill intelligentnia.

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
            Volvos, Oh yes.

Tesco Colney Hatch has some massive speed bumps.

I think you mean Stamford Hill. Volvos are old hat. The majority of vehicles we have around here now are Toyota Previas.

Comment

Well, the first thing to look at is the words next to the + sign here:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar...lux-surf-1984/
              This could be perceived as rather offensive. Fortunately I can confirm it is just a typo. It should refer to "Counsel's estate"...

Comment

Sounds about right to me Henry. Still using next doors broadband?

Comment

You're missing the point. There are tons of surfs in the UK. Only a tiny fraction of the owners are on this forum and only some of those offroad.
                  Yep, I'm guessing a higher percentage on the forum do offroad, than non-member owners who don't really care and just wanted a big 4x4 for not much money for whatever reason - like pulling ATMs out of walls, parking between the remnants of the three piece suite on their front garden, ferrying their 30 kids around etc...

Comment

Since owning my Surfs, I've seen some I'd love to own, some I'd be happy with and some that look like the great unwashed have been living in them for the last 20 years.
                    There is a world of difference between a shed of a surf and one that has been carefully fettled - to either the shiny club or the mudders...
                    As for off roading, I bet there are more L200 Animals/Barbarians/Superdooperhardnameddogsdangli es twin cab pick ups with a hard top and 3" of ground clearance out there that have never seen a muddy puddle never mind a bomb hole in the depths of Wales...
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Sounds about right to me Henry. Still using next doors broadband?
                      Broadband? I've tapped into their water supply and their leccy!

Comment

Winch Bumper fitting

A few piccies - not too clear but it shows how a spacer/extension to the Surf Chassis rail allows the LR Winchbumper to be fitted in front of the rails and then fit in front of the Surf bumper with the middle section of the bumper cut out to allow the winch to sit in front of the radiator grille without hacking holes in the plastic! This bumper is used regularly and hasn't caused any problems nor moved in anyway!!
                        Attached Files
                        www.lanestracksandtrails.co.uk Devon Rep GLASS

Comment

River Deep Mountain far away!

Bugger - gonna get wet getting out of here!
                          Attached Files
                          www.lanestracksandtrails.co.uk Devon Rep GLASS

Comment

Originally posted by Jimpics57 View Post
                            Bugger - gonna get wet getting out of here!
                            Are you sure you really want to mention "mountain" at the moment?

With regards to the picture I reckon you are gonna need a tow-

Boat
                            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

My winch bumper effort not bad for home made one
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Runner View Post
                                My winch bumper effort not bad for home made one
                                Any more pics or details?
                                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X