is it doing any harm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it doing any harm

Evening all since I fitted lifted springs to the back of my truck about a year ago, my rear axle has been sat off centre ( about an inch towards the os ) it has never caused a problem and I have done a lot of offroading like this, and I know how to solve this with a adjustable panhard rod which I am in the middle of sorting with another member , but for the moment am I doing Any harm to any of the drivetrain ?
    Always up to my neck in it

No not really, the UJs can handle it no problem, its best to get it centred but aslong as the UJs are greased up, it wont harm.

They move about more when you drive on a road anyway.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

That's exactly what I thought just needed someone else to back it up thanks mate

Comment

Just fit a 30mm spacer to the nearside, will look straight then.....
        well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
          No not really, the UJs can handle it no problem, its best to get it centred but aslong as the UJs are greased up, it wont harm.

They move about more when you drive on a road anyway.
          It's nothing to do with the UJ's if the front hasn't been lifted. Best advice is to keep the panhard rod reasonably parallel to the axle. This is best done by using a "Panhard rod drop bracket"....See pics.
          Attached Files
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I'm planning on fitting an adjustable panhard rod because I'm may raise the suspension even higher in the future

Comment

If the rear axle is not centered then then all the bushes for the rear axle housing are off centre. It also puts extra strain on all the mounts. The ones on the diff can sometimes break so I'd be checking them.

Nev

Comment

Ta nev will keep an eye on things its been ok this long sure it will last bit longer

Comment

Working...
                X