Finally drilled holes in the truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally drilled holes in the truck

I know, it's not a Surf - but I finally got the stones to drill some sizable holes in the wing....

Then fill them up with a snorkel...

Very pleased!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Is that copper grease or rust?

Looking good, I have a SWB Shogun. Quite underrated really.

Comment

It will be copper slip,

Looks good with the snorkel on.
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
        Is that copper grease or rust?

Looking good, I have a SWB Shogun. Quite underrated really.
        Tis copper grease - and despite the comments from the odd member here, I'm really pleased I paid £723 for it! And - have no idea how the standard setup ever got any air into the engine!!

Comment

No matter how many snorkels I fit, drilling the holes is always a "double check, deep breath, check again, drill..." moment....

It's looking better...
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            No matter how many snorkels I fit, drilling the holes is always a "double check, deep breath, check again, drill..." moment....

It's looking better...
            All I could think of before doing it, was you saying pretty much that when you drilled the holes on my 2nd gen all that time ago!

Comment

I wonder why the intake goes into the wing then back out again. Seems silly. Seen worse designs though. I always wondered why on a surf the box was not put on the same side as the turbo.

I spent about an hour measuring and marking up where to drill my roof when fitting all my lights.

Comment

Do a bit of googling and research on Intake Resonator, and intake systems and how they work in general.

Toyota wouldn't waste money on designing all the intakes parts if they didn't have a function, you think the bean counters at any car manufactuers wouldn't be over the moon at a K&N bolted to the intake port of the Turbo if they could?

It's all there for a reason.

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
                I wonder why the intake goes into the wing then back out again. Seems silly. Seen worse designs though. I always wondered why on a surf the box was not put on the same side as the turbo.

I spent about an hour measuring and marking up where to drill my roof when fitting all my lights.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  Do a bit of googling and research on Intake Resonator, and intake systems and how they work in general.

Toyota wouldn't waste money on designing all the intakes parts if they didn't have a function, you think the bean counters at any car manufactuers wouldn't be over the moon at a K&N bolted to the intake port of the Turbo if they could?

It's all there for a reason.

Just take off the pipe from the filter box that goes into the wing at the rear of the engine bay, then you will know why its there.

Ran mine for a couple of days like this while finalizing the snorkel install on my truck, holy crud its a noisy old pig without the resonator attached
                  Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

There's no resonators on the LN or KZN130 after the 8/'91.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                      There's no resonators on the LN or KZN130 after the 8/'91.

Nev
                      It's inside the wheel arch, you can't see it till the arch liner is removed.

Comment

Oops, made a mistake. They do have the resonator on the KZN130. The 2L-TE from 8/'91 however does not have one.

Have had the arch liner off mine and the intake behind headlight has been removed. There was never a resonator there.

Nev
                        Last edited by NiftyNev; 11 December 2012, 22:25.

Comment

Working...
                        X