Is running an old Surf eco friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarraSSRX View Post
    Your heads are cracked lads, my other drive is a V8 4.2 but with petrol prices and 15mpg I'm seriously considering removing the engine and making room for horse feed, although Dodge you've got me thinking cows maybe better than horses, must google bcp and work it out
    bcp

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
      Yes, as a country we need to be seen as taking the lead, so other less environmentally friendly countries change their ways, but it's going to be a long process, unachievable in our and even our grandchildren's lifetimes.
      Short of the second coming of the British Empire, no other country could give a rat's a*se what happens on our small and insignificant Island. If we set an example, we're doing it for our own benefit, nothing more.
      En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
        Short of the second coming of the British Empire, no other country could give a rat's a*se what happens on our small and insignificant Island. If we set an example, we're doing it for our own benefit, nothing more.
        No. We as a country and a big voice in the developed world are making demands of other, less Eco friendly countries. We can't be expecting them to change if we don't lead by example. Not that I think we are going to pursuede anyone but the government are trying to live up to this example in the deluded hope that this going to make a difference.

Our pushing for a greener country is doing nothing to benefit us. It is just costing us money trying to keep up with ridiculous targets.

In the local press the other week they have opened a new incinerator to "burn our food waste so they no longer have to put it into land fill".

I want to know two things, why was I separating and "recycling" our food waste if it was going into land fill and why should I separate my food waste from other combustible materials if they're only going to burn it?

Comment

If you want a 20 year old eco friendly 4x4 that can crap all over a surf you need one of these....

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyWalkabout View Post
            If you want a 20 year old eco friendly 4x4 that can crap all over a surf you need one of these....

And you can eat it when it is no longer fit for purpose, can't get much greener than that.

Comment

And make cheese.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle4689600.ece
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                In the local press the other week they have opened a new incinerator to "burn our food waste so they no longer have to put it into land fill".

I want to know two things, why was I separating and "recycling" our food waste if it was going into land fill and why should I separate my food waste from other combustible materials if they're only going to burn it?
                Where are you? unlikely to be an incinerator for food, more likely an AD plant.

If its in the press, i'd be inclined to be sceptical. We give press releases that are often misquoted or completely changed!! go to the council website, call them and ask about it.

These days there is a £64 per tonne tax on landfill, so any option cheaper than that is a good financial one for the council....
                If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

I can't afford the finance on a new hybrid low emission car so it's more financially efficient on my pocket for me at the min to have a surf

Comment

But I may check my finances when they fetch out the new Electro-Lux

Comment

Hydrogen is the future - once they find a more energy efficient way to produce it. Til then, I expect rechargeable electric vehicles to continue to make inroads into IC power trains, until they actually outperform them in the fairly near future.

The Prius is, depending on your views, a brave step into an immature (at the time) technology, or a cynical way of taking money from yoghurt-knitters.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I hear this argument from a few green oval fanatics occasionally. If you seriously need to make up some sort of moral justification for owning a "different" vehicle than the rest of the vehicles on the road then you're probably doing it wrong.

I drive an old Toyota because when I needed a 4x4 towing vehicle it was the best I could afford. After a few years of abuse I still cant afford to replace it but can afford to keep it going with the necessary repairs. It does less towing now but I put up with the high fuel consumption as I really enjoy driving it. It's got a winch bumper and steel wheels to replace the old minging parts with the added bonus that it looks pretty cool and compensates for my small penis. - this reply usually silences them.

Comment

Working...
                        X