Taking veg oil into France..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking veg oil into France..

I'm makign a trip to Southern France over the NY period. Planning on taking the Eurotunnel and want to take some veg oil with me to fill up half way.

Does anyone know if i can have it in containers in the truck, and how much i can take?

Thanks!

ps. i assume my A/Ts are better for snow/ice than my 33 M/Ts?

ATs are better, and I dont think it matters how much you take, its not a flammable liquid like fuel.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Svenb View Post
      I'm makign a trip to Southern France over the NY period. Planning on taking the Eurotunnel and want to take some veg oil with me to fill up half way.

Does anyone know if i can have it in containers in the truck, and how much i can take?

Thanks!

ps. i assume my A/Ts are better for snow/ice than my 33 M/Ts?
      I've heard it said France don't allow Veg use like we in the UK are allowed.
      It's worth checking out !!
      n if in doubt hide it well .....

11+ Years of Surfs ...... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post

You're quite correct,Any fuel other than duty/tax paid is completely forbidden in France.That said if you are running a vehicle,with UK plates then the vehicle needs to conform with the home countries use and construction rules.
        I think it would be a very bored gendarme who pinched a UK plated vehicle for running Veg!!!

Bonn Voyage!!!

Mark

Wife just reminded me don't forget our diesel is cheaper €1.36 = £1.12,so it might not be worth the agg of lugging along!!
        Last edited by s car go; 7 December 2012, 09:04. Reason: Diesel Price

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post

When I went over in 2007, I took many containers of the stuff. When I pulled up to fill up someone had a go at me in French and told me to move on. To this day I don't know what she was shouting about
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thanks!
            Don't know about Eurotunnel, but the Isle on Man ferry people threw a strop about 6 full jerry cans we had on a trailer, as containers of fuel not allowed on ferry, but when we said it was veg oil they said no problem, go ahead.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

French diesel is rather cheap it seems. Whats the petrol comparison out of curiosity?

I spoke to Eurotunnel peeps, and after a long hold they said i can only take 20litres. Gonna take 100litres anyway. Should see me to the Alps safely i think, where i'll probably have to switch to a diesel/petrol mix anyway.

Cheers guys

Comment

Whats the petrol comparison out of curiosity?
                About €1.55 = £1.28

Don't forget your warning triangle,hi-vis vests,alcohol breath testers and possibly snow chains

Have a great trip!!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  When I went over in 2007, I took many containers of the stuff. When I pulled up to fill up someone had a go at me in French and told me to move on. To this day I don't know what she was shouting about
                  She was shouting about your truck probably.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                    She was shouting about your truck probably.

WTF!
                    Small willy?

Comment

We went to Le Mans this year for the classis races and I half filled the tank with veg, I didn't have any room to carry more oil so just filled up with diesel as it is a bit cheaper anyway.
                      The Tunnel was great and I don't think they ever search the cars so taking a few drums will probably be fine.

Comment

On my last trip I took lots in jerry cans....no one asked and I said nothing. Had no probs...just pulled into a petrol station, went around the back and filled up.
                        .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                        X