Yet another stolen surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another stolen surf

By the sound of it, i had a police officer call this morning to see if i/we saw/heard owt, apparantly my nabour started his surf and left it running while he "popped" indoors and someone nicked it, it's a rough looking maroon 2nd gen 2,4, lots of mud and has very bad peeling laquer on the bonnet and roof, so be aware if your looking to buy etc or if you just hear or see it, ta
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Bastads!!! Any opportunity.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

That is crap...

Doubly crap because the insurance won't pay out (if they know all the details)

I can't recommend remote start alarms enough (decent ones...)

I think mine was £200, DIY fitting, I can start it leaving the truck locked, it senses of its cold and automatically activates the heated rear screen and mirrors...

Even if anyone can get in as soon as they touch the brake pedal to get it in gear the engine dies and the immobiliser kicks back in.
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Ill keep an eye out - not working til Sunday but if I see anything similar Ill call it in. Do you know what the reg is?

Comment

I'll find out the reg when i see Grant, i think he's gone to work now, that remote start alarm sounds like a must, it never pays to leave a veh running, it only takes a second to jump in and drive off, aparantly this happened at 20 minuits to seven, i noticed it parked at 5 am covered in frost when i got up for a james riddle, you never know whos lurking about,

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post

Doubly crap because the insurance won't pay out (if they know all the details)
            Yeah, my mate lost a 2 or 3 year old LandCruiser Amazon like this, was actually out of sight of road on his drive as well.

He's still paying the finance on it even now....

Theives are the lowest for of life, will keep an eye out.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I started mine this morning with spare key to defrost for fithteen minutes, luckly I have locked gates and Dogs loose, cant have nothin nowadays.

Comment

I don't remember when I last locked the car!
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                  I don't remember when I last locked the car!
                  Aye but you lodge with the us. House door is the same.
                  Brian

Comment

I swear this is true. I was out visiting a site near my house. Mrs GWH was at work. I went in doors to get some coffee. The postman had made hisself a cuppa, and left the post and 12 eggs on the table!
                    Doors rarely get locked around here.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I accidently left the passenger window fully open last night on the black truck, parked on the road and open window on the road side.

It was -7 last night though, no fecker about.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        Doors rarely get locked around here.
                        I didn't used to lock any of my stuff, or house much. Only Customers trucks got locked.

But our dumb neighbour invited some pikeys to ferret the fields awhile ago, so now I have to keep everything locked after they started 'ferreting' through my sheds and stuff...
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I think this got found and recovered without too much damage from what they were saying at work - which is better than it being burnt out as they usually are!

Comment

Thats good news, i haven't seen the guy at all but spoke to my nabor to see if he knew the reg number or when he saw grant to tell him to pop over with the number but he never came, he's very lucky to get it back, bet he wont leave it running outside again, like you say it could have easily been burnt out or stripped etc, some people have been killed trying to stop some scrote stealing their car, did they catch whoever stole it?
                            anyway mate thanks for letting me know,

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...sed-crime.html

Experts say a range of new factors are to blame, starting with the number of dedicated police stolen-vehicle squads actively hunting “missing” vehicles falling from about 50 two decades ago when most police forces had one, to just four today, as they fall victim to savage budget cuts.
                              “Police don’t generally have the resources to investigate stolen vehicles these days,” says Justin Powell, consumer business manager at MyCarCheck.com.
                              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Working...
                              X