Yet another stolen surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    Thats good news, i haven't seen the guy at all but spoke to my nabor to see if he knew the reg number or when he saw grant to tell him to pop over with the number but he never came, he's very lucky to get it back, bet he wont leave it running outside again, like you say it could have easily been burnt out or stripped etc, some people have been killed trying to stop some scrote stealing their car, did they catch whoever stole it?
    anyway mate thanks for letting me know,
    They have some ideas but its proving it thats difficult. I think the windows were smashed, not sure what other damage there was though. It was found out of area which doesnt help.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
      That is crap...

Doubly crap because the insurance won't pay out (if they know all the details)

I can't recommend remote start alarms enough (decent ones...)

I think mine was £200, DIY fitting, I can start it leaving the truck locked, it senses of its cold and automatically activates the heated rear screen and mirrors...

Even if anyone can get in as soon as they touch the brake pedal to get it in gear the engine dies and the immobiliser kicks back in.
      Theyre brilliant. My old cheapy alarm (Magicar) would cut the engine and sound the alarm if any door was opened without using the keyfob to unlock the doors. But it didn't set the heater etc.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayside View Post
        They have some ideas but its proving it thats difficult. I think the windows were smashed, not sure what other damage there was though. It was found out of area which doesnt help.
        proveing it is always the problem, still if it's repairable!! i'm sure he can find a breaker with glass in it, i understand he had a $hit load of keys on the fob to, house, garage (full of cr@p which if he had sense he'd clear out and keep the truck in) stables keys, plus some for work i think, silly sod, i only keep the truck keys on one fob and all my others on another ring,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

proveing it is always the problem, still if it's repairable!! i'm sure he can find a breaker with glass in it, i understand he had a $hit load of keys on the fob to, house, garage (full of cr@p which if he had sense he'd clear out and keep the truck in) stables keys, plus some for work i think, silly sod, i only keep the truck keys on one fob and all my others on another ring,
          Let me know if he needs glass I have loads of it and only around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayside View Post
            Let me know if he needs glass I have loads of it and only around the corner.
            Thanks mate, will do, (when i eventually see him, he's probably feeling a little "sheepish" at the moment)
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Surf

By the sound of it, i had a police officer call this morning to see if i/we saw/heard owt, apparantly my nabour started his surf and left it running while he "popped" indoors and someone nicked it, it's a rough looking maroon 2nd gen 2,4, lots of mud and has very bad peeling laquer on the bonnet and roof, so be aware if your looking to buy etc or if you just hear or see it, ta
              We've all done this before and its just unlucky. If I ever leave the car ticking over I always lock the door and leave the transfer box in N. It buys you a little time I suppose.

Comment

Working...
              X