Help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help???

Hi everyone. Ive only had my surf on the road a short time. On thursday evening i was just checkin fluids and it was a bit low on coolant so i put in a few liters to top it up and didnt think much of it because it was the first time i had checked it. Yesterday i started noticing it was hard to start and when it started there was a lot of white smoke then this morning i had drove it about 30 miles and swtiched it off for about 3 mins. When i restarted the surf the white reek was rediculous (completly cover the jeep) after a mile it cleared again and i checked fludid again and it took approx 3ltr. I took it to the mechanic and he has diagnosed it as the head gasket. Its usin a lot of water, lots of white smoke, pressurising the top hos and filling the reserve tank and blowing bubbles through it. He also noticed the starter is on its way out just wanting to know everyones thoughts. Its a 1994 surf ssrg 3ltr td auto 90k miles. I bought it 2 weeks ago from a dealer but havnt drove it much until the last few days.

If you bought it off a dealer you should have a warranty

Comment

Which vehicle are you having problems with, the Surf or the Jeep?

Comment

Sorry bushwhacker. Its definitely the surf thats the problen.

Comment

Originally posted by smurfL6 View Post
          If you bought it off a dealer you should have a warranty
          With Smurf on that, very much doubt that's a coincidence.

Comment

Would this be applicable ?
            http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...s-your-rights/
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Heads gone.
              Сви можемо

Comment

Yeah shokenore i believe that dies apply but im goin to get in contact with a solicitor and take it from there. I think mu heds gone as well as the surfs.

Comment

Unless the dealer wants to be charitable, you're wasting your time going to a solicitor. It would be extremely difficult bordering on impossible to prove that the head was cracked at the point of sale.

The sale of goods act 1979 only provides for: "If there's a problem with a second hand car soon after you’ve bought it, for example, the car develops a problem you wouldn’t expect for the car’s age and mileage". The problem of cracked heads on Surfs is so well documented that you'd have a very hard time proving that its a problem you wouldn't expect.

That said, the dealer may play ball and cover part of the repair cost (about £1200 to do it properly if using a mechanic).
                  En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Working...
                  X