Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New disc brake problems?

Hi All

I have just got a set of discs and pads off roughtrax, great service called at 10am and delivered next day at 9am!! I went to fit them today and I have a problem I have put a disc on and gone to offer up the calliper with the new pads in and they wont fit. I have pushed the pistons in to theier full extent and it still doesn’t fit. I took he pads out and offered up the calliper and the thickness of the disc is to large for the groove of the calliper...
    Anyone had this problem before? Have I bought the wrong discs, I ordered over the phone quoting the truck type and year!!
    I will call them Monday to sort out as m sure hey will be fine over it but has anyone else had this problem.
    Groove in the calliper is 22/24 mm and the disc is 26/28 mm
    Any help appreciated
    Cheers
    Mark

The 8/'91 was when the brake upgrade to bigger discs and larger calipers were done, so I'd say you may have the smaller diameter, thinner discs.

The 291mm diameter will be 25mm wide and the 289mm diameter will be 20mm wide

Nev.

Comment

Sorry to hear ya having problems Mark, never had that problem with the Truck previously n I presume ya still running the OE ?
      When ya ring R/T see if they still have my order records n match it up with them unless they have changed part no's !!
      Good Luck

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks, Nev your spot on

All Sorted thanks, Jess

I called Roughtrax up this morning and my truck is a month or 2 before the upgrade to larger disc's. New ones being delivered in the post tomorrow and old ones are being picked up at the same time. All I had to do is pay the difference in cost they are picking up the courier fees.

Thanks RT great service even when it went slightly wrong, no quibble just great customer service

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X