Ignition key help..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition key help..........

Yo peeps, i have opnly one key for my 3rd gen & i am not having much luck getting a spare cut, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance yo helpful people you..............

Iain
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

Hi I had no problems at all getting keys cut for my 3rd gen. Just went in to the local locksmiths. Would be happy to get it done for you but you would be without your car for a few days.
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Malenibo
      Hi I had no problems at all getting keys cut for my 3rd gen. Just went in to the local locksmiths. Would be happy to get it done for you but you would be without your car for a few days.
      Yep, same here, local key cutting place made one up, no problems.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

If you want the original Toyota replacement then pop into your local Toyota dealer and order one @ £4.95 as a blank (because they can't cut it for you because they "Don't have the necessary information for an import) !!!!
        You then nip along to your local locksmith who cuts the blank to match your existing key - a couple of quid.
        What you don't get, of course, is the remote locking bit.
        "Toyota won't let us have the software for programming imports" says my local dealer.
        Keith

Comment

Originally posted by rsvr
          Yo peeps, i have opnly one key for my 3rd gen & i am not having much luck getting a spare cut, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance yo helpful people you..............

Iain
          Got 3 cut for under a tenner at the wee shop at the midsteeple in Dumfries(the one that faces rabbies statue,the name of which escapes me at the mo).