No announcement yet.

Any Scottish members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi n welcome to the madhouse ....Sometimes anyway ...
    n sorry can't help as am to far South

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 29 October 2012, 18:51.
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi there

Rob
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

hi Diezel weazle and Rob! Strange that place of Daangergozlow gets mentioned again-Apparently near Denny-Hmmmmm.....
        I'm glad all you experts are out there..........pity you are beyond Daangergozlow!

Comment

Hi All,
          I hope I've done this right?;
          Here is the pics of my gear lever moving form H2-H4 down to H4 but does not go around the to N or up the other side to L4. Obstructed by the piece of metal I presume. The 4WD button on the side of the gearstick appears to do nothing and no lights come on when it is pushed in. Frustration! I wish I'd pushed all the buttons and tried everything before the sale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1230767.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1255609

Name:	P1230768.JPG
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1255610

Name:	P1230769.JPG
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1255611

Comment

Originally posted by bblue View Post
            Hi All,
            I hope I've done this right?;
            Here is the pics of my gear lever moving form H2-H4 down to H4 but does not go around the to N or up the other side to L4. Obstructed by the piece of metal I presume. The 4WD button on the side of the gearstick appears to do nothing and no lights come on when it is pushed in. Frustration! I wish I'd pushed all the buttons and tried everything before the sale.
            Hi! Another Scottish Surf owner here, I'm up in Aberdeenshire. Surf's are getting pretty common up here these days!

Are you selecting Neutral on the main gear selector before trying to select L4 or Neutral in the transfer box? I think thats how mine works, definatly cant move the transfer leaver to Neutral or L4 if it is in drive. I'd then be checking the 4wd fuse in the panel under the stearing wheel to see that its not burst...

Comment

Aye try the Neutral on the main stick first. could also just try it to see if it just the lamps after checking the fuse (Mind that you shound be on a loose surface on 4wd to avoid wind up) or if all else fails pull the diagnosis to see if there are any fault codes. Lost of stuff on here about 4wd problems under 'search' if thats what it looks like it is.

Rob

Comment

Hi Guys, thanks for the tips but the reason the gearstick won't go round to neutral is because someone has welded a bit of metal to the actual "track", that the gearshift moves in (not sure what the technical name for it would be) so that you can't move it any further. Also not sure what you mean by" pull the diagnosis" If you mean get it hooked up to the computer, the first garage did that and drew a blank.

Comment

How strange someone would do that & the diagnostics are done with a paperclip in t1 e1 (on phone at the mo so can't go and look but its on a sticky) and read how many times the engine check light flashes and that gives you the fault. sorry in a rush!!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by bblue View Post
                    Hi Guys, thanks for the tips but the reason the gearstick won't go round to neutral is because someone has welded a bit of metal to the actual "track", that the gearshift moves in (not sure what the technical name for it would be) so that you can't move it any further. Also not sure what you mean by" pull the diagnosis" If you mean get it hooked up to the computer, the first garage did that and drew a blank.

only way is to cut the plate off and if its totally buggered then weld it back on i guess

Comment

Originally posted by gilly-06 View Post
                      only way is to cut the plate off and if its totally buggered then weld it back on i guess
                      Still wonder why the last owner would do that tho instead of just fixing it! With ref to the light / operation surely you could just see if the wires are connected to the 4wd selector to see if it engages electronically before anything else as the vac bits are apparently ok?

FYI to the OP the Scottish mud club is another forum to have a look at as they are across the border.

Rob

Comment

Thanks guys, I will have a look at this stuff over the weekend and let you know what happens!

Comment

Working...
                        X