Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator

Hi all,

Alternator packed up! Been tested and there are faults on it so replaced with spare I had lying around and same faults there too. Dashboard lite up like a Christmas tree and no charge.

Could there be any other fault apart from the alternator that causes this or am I just very unlucky and have 2 dead alternators!?? Please help.

Don't suppose anyone has a good working 1 for sale??

Sorry if my replies are slow, laptop decided to pack up too so using my wife's phone. Typical!!

Many thanks, Mick.

Is the big alternator fuse in the box in the engine bay OK?

Comment

Yep fuse checked all good. Checked and cleaned all earth points. The 2nd alternator that is on truck at moment, I've taken apart tonight and cleaned up inside. Brushes are about 1/4 inch long, not sure if they are at the end of their life?

Everything else on truck works fine (except the horn which it think is a faulty relay).

Thanks, mick

Comment

Why would you have a perfectly good alternator lying around?
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

It came off a scrapper that I have parked up which had a cracked head. Was all working fine before head went so assumed was still working. But has been sitting around for a couple of years!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
            Why would you have a perfectly good alternator lying around?
            I have a perfectly good alternator lying around I keep it as a spare because I like mud, and surf alternators don't, as you should well know

Comment

Working...
            X