Bad day for the in laws today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day for the in laws today

Looking for some advice on this, Lisa's mam and dad in there 70's are in a council property and was wanting to move home. A housing association rang them to say they had a 2 bedroom flat in this lovely area in hessle, just outside of hull. They where shown round last week and the previous tenant had left all the new carpets and blinds at the windows. The lady that showed them round asked if they wanted them leaving, they obviously said yes and agreed on this. They are moving in next Friday, they signed today at there offices and got the keys and went down to the flat to have a look by themselves and the maintenance men had been in and gutted it all, nothing left. There now so upset as they don't have much money to replace it all, so Lisa and me have told them we will pay for new carpets and blinds. They signed a contract today stating that the carpets and blinds was there responsibility, but surely if they signed this they should be in the property. Any views on this would be appreciated before my wife rings them on Monday voicing her concerns, thanks
    Last edited by stevehulluk; 12 October 2012, 20:44. Reason: spelling
    hi dudes

What you will be told is that its council policy to completely gut the property before New tennants move it. It's for health and safety reasons as they can't guarantee what's happened in that flat before and they can't take the risk of leaving carpets etc in. I know it sounds petty but its the way they work unfortunately.
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

When they where shown round the 1st time, they signed a form saying that they wanted it all to be left which the housing officer that showed them round agreed on. Monday will be interesting
      hi dudes

Comment

Working...
      X