you tube vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you tube vids

i dont have a surf yet but im for sure getting one now, just been watching some vids on you tube surfs doing there thing 4x4 well impressed. just got to get the right one now, kinda going of the gen 3 now, has i like the look of the gen 2, do have one concern about the gen 2, im aware you carnt put them into 4x4 on normal driving, as it can course damage, bet theres alot out there that this has been done to, is there a way of knowing if some damage has been done from putting into 4x4 while in normal drive.

cheers ark

It'll be broken or it not, if the 4wd drive switches on and off ok and dosn't make odd clicky noises when driving it'll probably be ok.

People get overly paranoid, it usually dosn't hurt to switch in and out on the road if your going in a straight line just to check it, and even does it good to stop it getting siezed up from no use. I used to switch mine on and off weekly when idling along in traffic just to keep things moving.

You can't leave it 4wd on the road for long as you can't go round corners without it all binding up, if going slow like parking, the car will just stop dead as if the hand brake is on, or make horrible squealy tyre noises if you can get the tyres to slip.

People have driven trucks stuck in 4wd to me, I've fixed them and there has been no permenant damage. If something does break, it's normally the outer or inner CV on the front driveshafts, and if one of those is broken you'll know about it!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X