No announcement yet.

Not taking anything away from anyone making mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trouble with all the spelling/grammer stuff is it IS important, to get across what you want/need without misunderstanding the first time round.

If you don't point it out then it'll just get worse over time. There have always been people with learning difficulties but you didn't used to see it in documentation/advertising untill recently, if you know you can't spell for crap ask someone to proof read it, or just google the word and get the right spelling.

No one can possibly take offence from someone else point out mistakes (unless it's done abusively). Who can possible want mistakes on their website/products/knowledge base? It can only be a win for everyone when mistakes are corrected.

People sould be looking at the products, not arguing about spelling mistakes, so its in their interests to get it right.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      The trouble with all the spelling/grammer stuff is it IS important, to get across what you want/need without misunderstanding the first time round.

If you don't point it out then it'll just get worse over time. There have always been people with learning difficulties but you didn't used to see it in documentation/advertising untill recently, if you know you can't spell for crap ask someone to proof read it, or just google the word and get the right spelling.

No one can possibly take offence from someone else point out mistakes (unless it's done abusively). Who can possible want mistakes on their website/products/knowledge base? It can only be a win for everyone when mistakes are corrected.

People sHould be looking at the products, not arguing about spelling mistakes, so its in their interests to get it right.
      Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Comment

I kind of agree with the grammar police on this one.

However I would also be concerned that my cuts of the finest aluminium don't turn into a furry mess in a couple of months.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I can honestly say that his work is good as i have bought alloy and steel balljoint spacers and also shock extension brackets and they have been well made.
          Steve does have trouble with spelling but he is working on it.I will pass on your views though on the spelling on his website and also see if he wants to sign up here aswell.He is in the proccess of making a large number of parts for the l200 guys and so far everyone has been pleased with it.
          Last edited by stormforce; 5 October 2012, 20:35.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi Rich, been a while!

Pass on that instead of 'finest cuts', he should maybe put the grade of Alu he's used for the various bits in. It will prove he's using the correct stuff, and shut up the pedantic sorts, like me ;-)

Other than that, bargain prices!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

It is always helpful to receive recommendation of a product or service from a forum member,I am especially looking forward to seeing some pictures of the snorkels you have arranged.
              As Apache has mentioned having some idea of the grade of Aluminium used would be a selling point also.
              Spelling mistakes aside the website has visual impact and is easy on the eyes.

I wonder if they could turn to cutting HDPE?
              Last edited by shokenore; 6 October 2012, 09:32.
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
              X