how deep can you go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too deep

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Is that the 1st gen!
      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
        Is that the 1st gen!
        Yes last xmas nav run

Comment

The water's only a foot deep there, it's the fat bloke in the back weighing it down.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            The water's only a foot deep there, it's the fat bloke in the back weighing it down.
            What do you mean FAT...... i have uprated springs

Comment

Bow Wave

As mentioned earlier the key to wading without a snorkel is to create a bow wave which pushes the water forwards from the truck and leaves a depression in the water level immediately behind the headlamps. The water can therfore be lapping over your bonnet and then be as low as your wheel hubs as you drive through the water. This technique is relatively easy to do as long as you have the resolve to keep going when you see that water rise over your bonnet and not take your foot of the power which is what your initial reaction would be. I have done it many times leading tours around the Tamar Valley, everyone behind me then copies the tchnique.Initially their arses grip the seats and their faces portray looks of fear and trepidation as they enter the river, but these soon change as their vehicle climbs out of the water some 15 seconds and 50 metres later! The smiles and sense of achievement last all day. Those in Land Rovers sometimes need to dry out their shoes or anything else left on the vehicle floor though!!
              Attached Files
              www.lanestracksandtrails.co.uk Devon Rep GLASS

Comment

For me it's not about how deep the water is but at what angle you enter it at - If you have to drop down a bank into a stream / big puddle the headlights almost hit the floor before you level out. That's the sole reason I bought a snorkel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimpics57 View Post
                  As mentioned earlier the key to wading without a snorkel is to create a bow wave which pushes the water forwards from the truck and leaves a depression in the water level immediately behind the headlamps. The water can therfore be lapping over your bonnet and then be as low as your wheel hubs as you drive through the water. This technique is relatively easy to do as long as you have the resolve to keep going when you see that water rise over your bonnet and not take your foot of the power which is what your initial reaction would be. I have done it many times leading tours around the Tamar Valley, everyone behind me then copies the tchnique.Initially their arses grip the seats and their faces portray looks of fear and trepidation as they enter the river, but these soon change as their vehicle climbs out of the water some 15 seconds and 50 metres later! The smiles and sense of achievement last all day. Those in Land Rovers sometimes need to dry out their shoes or anything else left on the vehicle floor though!!
                  All well and good until you get stuck on something on the river bed and come to a standstill.....a flowing river isn't the safest place to be at times.

Comment

Here's a couple vids of me playin in some water with my first surf. I've had water over the hood and past my door handles but never had water inside. I have diff and tranny breathers plus my intake is modified, the stock one rams the water from the headlight into the intake which isn't good. When I had the stock intake I stalled it twice while taking water in, dryed it out with a towel and cranked the shit out of it till it started back up lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJ2Vg-0msc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSqBAMLmvdE

Comment

Sometimes kids are more sensible than adults. Even though this is a small and grainy picture, you can just about make out the look of abject terror on juniors face........
                      Attached Files
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Thats cool, problem is if you get stuck, do you get a surf full of water.

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                          Thats cool, problem is if you get stuck, do you get a surf full of water.
                          Yes, but then you get extra traction so you can keep going...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr8eEWyKQHM
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Sod that

Comment

This showed up on the YouTube highlights today! Not a Surf though.

Comment

I recently returned from a six month stint along the UK in a narrowboat .... after seeing some of the wading abilities I reckon not to be surprised if a Surf motors past me along the Macclesfield Canal someday

Some really fascinating stuff and nope I just wouldn't have the courage to wade in anything more than 18"

Comment

Working...
                                X