yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you spend £1000 on your new Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you spend £1000 on your new Surf?

Hi guys,

If you had £1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you look to spend it on your nice new shiny 3rd gen Surf?

I doubt it gets me a V8, and to be honest, as long as the current engine keeps on running that'll be something I'd consider if it died.

I love my current tyres (GG AT2s) and although the wheels are the bog standard 16s they've been refurbished and look mint, so wheels/tyres aren't really high on my list.

Lifts aren't my thing, the truck is high enough as is, the whole on stilts looks is poor in my opinion.

I'm thinking stainless exhaust, hence my other recent post, but whilst out walking the dog was thinking is there other cool stuff to consider, stuff I'm oblivious to.

I like cosmetic stuff, toys, preventative stuff, upgrades, just not sure what.

I poly bushed my Audi, although it was quite expensive I thought it made the car a lot surer footed, and I saw it as both an upgrade and preventative action.

Answers on a postcard please folks

Thanks again

Rog

A full tank of diesel.
    Сви можемо

Comment

Did that already, £70, so maybe I should amend the topic to how would you spend £930, but doesn't have the same ring to it...

Comment

Tundra front brake upgrade.

Anyone on here attempted this? Sounds simple, biggest problem is probably sourcing the parts. Again nothing wrong with my brakes, just like the idea of upgrading, and I enjoy the mechanical side of things

I've found someone on here has done this, but I don't think he ever came back with any results, issues, etc

In depth version

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...rs-rotors.html

Less detailed version for the less patient out there...

http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/p...oject1620.html

Rog

Comment

Do I have to spend it on my Surf?

Some new boots would take most out of it, with enough for cheapish a winch maybe.

Comment

It's just a fun 'game' to hopefully give me some ideas as to how I can potentially spend my newly acquired cash.

If people start saying they'd get a bigger turbo for their GT4 isn't really going to help me, as much as I'd like to have a GT4 one day

Rog

Comment

Depends what you will use the truck for.
              A standard truck in lovely condition like yours would be a cracking road trip vehicle.

This would then be handy

Also this

and at 1000w it will run power tools, laptops and TV's if needed.
              Brian

Comment

You said you walked the dog so a dog guard and hard plastic boot liner for a start?

Comment

Now we're talking Yoshie (Brian?), and there was me thinking you're all too similar to me, a pi$$ taker

But seriously, thanks, that's certainly given me something to think about, I like my gadgets, I'd like to some how secure the cooler in the boot, but with the aim of making it look OEM not just bunjeed to the side.

On the electrical front, I wouldn't mind finding out about a DVD/GPS type unit I've seen in a few of the Surfs.

Thanks

Rog

Comment

Originally posted by terratology View Post
                    You said you walked the dog so a dog guard and hard plastic boot liner for a start?
                    She's a bit of a 'princess' so won't be riding in the boot, but the boot liners on my to get list, something like this style is what I'd like. But at the same time I've seen some cool setups whereby people have put sliding drawers in the boots, admittedly I'm only thinking of low, so could still do with the boot liner on top I guess. Someone on here had a nice looking boot/interior whereby they'd used horse stable liner and had a bunch of handy cargo nets here and there...

Comment

Ohhhh crap, sorry rog but I forgot to give you the dog guard with all the bits & bobs, although you wouldn't take the rear springs off my hands.
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Braided hoses.

Full fluid change axles gearbox power steering etc.

New coolant and flush.

Poly bushes probably worth looking at.

Spare gas canisters for your GHD's
                        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

The wife wouldn't have let me take the dog guard, so no worries Si. As for the springs, they'd have just ended up with the rest of my bits and bobs in the shed!

I'm considering poly bushing - Si off the top of your head, have you replaced any of the bushes with Polys, don't really want to replace perfectly good bushes, admittedly they're normally fairly obvious, and normally fairly brightly coloured, on the Audi I had blue, purple and yellow ones, would prefer them all the same colour but that's life.

I'm new to all this stuff fella, so GHD doesn't mean a lot to me, the gas canister makes it sound like a trick I've seen on Youtube whereby people re-inflate their tyres via gas...

Rog

Comment

£70 to fill your tank? What did you fill it with, mineral water?

Comment

It was just under the last quarter, I put in about 50 odd litres I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X