Stainless Exhaust - 3rd Gen Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to under seal.

I just blathered it on everything apart from any moving parts, e.g prop shaft, drive shafts, brakes, exhaust & so on.

What stuff are you gunna use?
    Last edited by si tate; 23 September 2012, 17:17.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I've got a large tin of black Hammerite, which I doubt is going to be enough, but easy enough to get some more, or I could go the wax oil route. I saw a post earlier today where I think you mentioned 5L of Bitumen or something or other? I'm quite pleased I had a bit of a read up on it, as I was just gonna paint whatever I can reach, but after looking it seems quite a few people spray it on, get better coverage that way, all the nooks and cranny's, plus they spray it inside the chassis? As it's more likely to rust from inside the chassis out, than the other way round...

Comment

Originally posted by fsaroyster View Post
        I've got a large tin of black Hammerite, which I doubt is going to be enough, but easy enough to get some more, or I could go the wax oil route. I saw a post earlier today where I think you mentioned 5L of Bitumen or something or other? I'm quite pleased I had a bit of a read up on it, as I was just gonna paint whatever I can reach, but after looking it seems quite a few people spray it on, get better coverage that way, all the nooks and cranny's, plus they spray it inside the chassis? As it's more likely to rust from inside the chassis out, than the other way round...
        Can't remember the actual make of the stuff I used but I did spray it on with the compressor as it was like pi$$ when I opened the tin so went in the spray gun easily, lasted quite a while too although I did give it 2 coats.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Hmmm a compressor, could put that on my £1000 to blow list, but my neighbour has one, so maybe nearer the bottom of the list...

Comment

Working...
          X